• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Square head bolt size (clean out tray/fuel tank cover)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone tell me what size square driver fits the clean out tray and fuel tank cover?
Seems like I remember reading they were #3 or 3/16, I tried a search but cloudn't find it.

Thanks!

One place I can get them around me is at the electrical supply houses, ask for a #4 Robertson bit.

I can't find them anywhere around here, guess I'll have to order one. I tried every electrical, hardware, auto parts store around here.
Harbor freight lady said "yeah we sell screwdrivers, will that work?" I just asked for someone else.

If you order in bulk I am sure that many of us would be happy to buy a couple from you!

I'll see what I find, if I can get a bunch of them lower prices I'll be happy to share them.

The only tool that gets my fuel tank cover off is a dremel tool! (Kickin it old skool)

Not sure what size #4 is but what about the square bits that fit deck screws now. Home depot carries those.

Not sure what size #4 is but what about the square bits that fit deck screws now. Home depot carries those.

#4 is huge. Perhaps 1/4".

The only tool that gets my fuel tank cover off is a dremel tool! (Kickin it old skool)

Those are #2 or #3, I can find those all day long! I actually bought a #3 today that was long and tapered, ima try to cut the end off till it fits, but I still want one that fits correctly.

Last edited:
@Jim Robeson that link wouldn't open for me, when I was at Lowe's the other day I got irritated, two "tool experts" (could remove the word 'experts') told me a #4 didn't exist, and said it wasn't worth trying to look up. So I'm boycotting Lowe's for that tool...that'll teach them;-)

@Bruce the local Fastenal didn't have them.
@Big Shasta I ordered 4 from your link, I forgot about them as well, I used to order lots of stuff for work from them when I was in Kansas.

I called the Yamaha dealer for giggles to see if they might have one. The guy was worse than the Lowe's dude, he kept telling me he could order the bolts for me, I told him I needed the tool to take them out, he just kept saying it was something common like an Allen wrench:-/

Love Mcmaster.....Shipping is usually reasonable and it's always overnight since we're close to their main warehouse (unless it's coming from a different warehouse but that's not usually the case)

I ordered 20 #4 Robertsons from Lawson. I will let everyone know when I receive them.

Back