• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SR 230 2003 ECU - One or Two Diagnostic Ports

skofroth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Just bought a 2003 SR230. One of the engines cranks right up. The other won't. It does turn over. I have hooked up the YDS software / cable found at the rear of the starboard side of the boat and can read the starboard engine just fine. Bump the starter on the port engine - nothing registers on my computer in the YDS. Is there a separate diagnostic plug for each engine, or just the one plug and you use it for both engines individually bumping them? I've looked in the port side compartment but don't see such a plug. Short of removing the port side ECU and sending it off for testing, is there any other way of identifying whether or not it's the ECU? Thanks in advance.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As far a I know, one per engine. The ports should be located close to each other. You have two ECUs, right?

skofroth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I do indeed have two engines each with its own ECU. I will have to look deeper in the area of the one connector I did find in the rear compartment of the starboard side and see if I find another connector for the port-side engine. I have not run across a single post, anywhere on the internet, that identifies this situation. I guess it's just a fluke that the one connector I did find was for the starboard engine that does run. Thank you for your response. Anybody else care to weigh in on this?

robertr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have same boat, there are two connectors back there, one for each engine, mine takes a couple of engine cranks and restarting software for it to read the engine sometimes

skofroth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Awesome! I thank you so much. I will dig around some more tomorrow. Not new to boating, but I am totally new to the jet boat platform.