• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sr210 no wake mode port engine oil pressure light not working

Stegaus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just purchased a 2006 sr210 and in no wake mode the port engine oil pressure light does not come on. I replace the gauge and it continues to do the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since it is unlikely both tachs had the same lamp out (one defective as new or shorted at install) I would first check the connector to the tach for a bent or broken pin. If it looks okay, add some dielectric grease and recheck. If no joy, check the connections on the no wake switch itself and retest. As a last resort, you can check the actual wire harness for chaffed insulation or breaks. You can also hook the "known good" starboard tach to the port connector to confirm the actual port engine sensor-ecu-tach oil pressure circuit is indeed good.

I might be interested to buy your extra tach. I want to play around with swapping as I have fairly large annoying split port to starboard over 5000 rpm that is tach error.

Stegaus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hooked up the starboard tach and it works so there is something funky with the wiring. Unfortunately the tech manual doesn't have a wiring diagram for the tachometers. Which wire controls that light.

-seadeals PM me I'll sell you the tach. It's brand new.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you have an open ground from the no wake switch. Check for the lower left connector in the photo (blue/red and black from no wake to blue/black from tach). Disconnect, inspect, reconnect. If that isn't the culprit you could try hooking to the port no wake black and jump to a good ground (like cigarette outlet) to see if the light comes on in no wake.
IMG_1522.JPG

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As for the tach, no wake signal is one of the two blues, either pin 4 or 5 (right side of photo).
IMG_1520.JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the light come on when starting the engine and then go out once oil psi builds up?

Stegaus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The light does not come on even when trying to start the engine (with the lanyard off). I inspected the connection and it all looks good. Keep the ideas coming everyone.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the electrical connection at the oil pressure switch on the side of the oil cooler. It's on the oil filter side.

Do you have YDS? It might help diagnose whether the oil psi sensor is working.

Another thing to do: swap electrical connections to the no wake switches and see if the problem jumps to the other side.

Stegaus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I swapped out the no wake mode switches. Still not working. Where exactly is the oil pressure switch on the port engine. If someone could send me a pic of it that would be great.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the connections at part number 13 & 14 (oil psi sending unit) and part number 16 (side of oil cooler). They are circled in the below pic of the engine. Hope they help.

IMG_0762.PNG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Stegaus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet, thanks. I will pull these and reconnect tonight