• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SRM-29 or Group 31 AGM battery?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to be running about a 2300w stereo system with about 14oo watts to the tower, 600 watts to a subwoofer, and 300 watts to the 4 inboat speakers. I have had a pair of DEKA group 31 AGM batteries I used to be able to run the stereo full blast for about 7 hours, b ut the stereo was only pushing about 1800 watts at the time. The group 31 batteries are about 170 a piece and I think I can get the SRM-29s for about 110 a piece, I plan on buying 3 of whatever batteries.

I was talking to a friend and he was told the Interstate SRM-29 batteries are the best batteries for house bank. Does anyone have any experience with them? What would you suggest between the two?

Thanks!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am going to be running about a 2300w stereo system with about 14oo watts to the tower, 600 watts to a subwoofer, and 300 watts to the 4 inboat speakers. I have had a pair of DEKA group 31 AGM batteries I used to be able to run the stereo full blast for about 7 hours, b ut the stereo was only pushing about 1800 watts at the time. The group 31 batteries are about 170 a piece and I think I can get the SRM-29s for about 110 a piece, I plan on buying 3 of whatever batteries.

I was talking to a friend and he was told the Interstate SRM-29 batteries are the best batteries for house bank. Does anyone have any experience with them? What would you suggest between the two?

Thanks!
All depeneds if sealed is important to you or not. More amps for your buck (but less total amps) with the 29s but you will have to keep the electrolyte topped off and not overfull. If you can buy interstate group 31 agms for $170 that is a steal. Others can be had at that price that are nearly as good but those interstates are usually quite a bit more.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't really have an anwser for 1400 to the towers sounds like a lot of fun lol. 350x4 Rev10s?