• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Standard Bimini Top Wakeboard Rack

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anybody ever mounted a wakeboard rack to a standard Bimini top? For example in sx190 Bimini top.
I've seen some options for towerless wakeboard racks but nothing that attaches to a standard Bimini top.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After seeing the amount of force a board can exert on a tower rack, I'm thinking a rack on a bimini may not be a smart move. I hear what you are asking for, but that would be my humble opinion.

I even had the el-cheapo rack on my previous boat. And it scared me to run with boards in it, as the boards could make that cheapo rack twist at the 2.5"+ clamp! So imagine what it could possibly do on a 1"-1.5" clamp.

Good luck though.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After seeing the amount of force a board can exert on a tower rack, I'm thinking a rack on a bimini may not be a smart move. I hear what you are asking for, but that would be my humble opinion.

I even had the el-cheapo rack on my previous boat. And it scared me to run with boards in it, as the boards could make that cheapo rack twist at the 2.5"+ clamp! So imagine what it could possibly do on a 1"-1.5" clamp.

Good luck though.
ouch, thanks for the advice!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of those suction type racks to the side of the boat may be a good option. Or a wallmount type rack that could attach to two of the bimini poles at a time. It would depend on the type of bimini you had.

Not to derail this topic too far, but I was thinking of something similar to carry Stand Up Paddleboards. As we would use them much more, if we took them with us out to the sandbar. The kids don't like to go in the water in front of our cabin. But they may play all afternoon on them on the sandbar where the bottom is nice and the water is calm.

So I am devising a rack for our tower in a similar fashion by possibly using a wall rack. That was the only reason it came to mind.

Good luck!