• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

star engine overheating alarm

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I de winterize and head out for a test run within 15 min star engine alarm starts going off ... no obstruction , intake grate clear , impellers clear , strainer clear , both pissers pressure excellent , but notice cool water flowing rather than warm , get it back on trailer after idling back to ramp , hook up to hose flush out with little dawn soap , then rinse with straight water , pull thermostats both clear and function just perfect after testing them , back in same issue alarm starts as soon as start up ... what else could this be ? thanks

that year had bad heat sensors so look into that

thanks , which ones exactly ? located where ?

it was fixed under warranty and I believe it was up in the front of the engine on the 1800 NA engine the older ones had issues with the one in the muffler

i had just dropped boat of at dealer .. they are saying 3 weeks just to look at it ! .. almost feel like goin to pick it up , .. how confident based on my first post do you believe its one of those sensors ? i am inclined to think so too , because the engine was not only in like a limp mode but running rich as well , which seems like the sensor was causing that .

How I knew I had a bad one is I took non contact readings of the entire engine and exhaust even the exhaust manifold and could not find any issue with the temperatures, when it was on and when it wasn't but the engine went to limp mode so that made it an issue that had to be dealt with and it was under warranty , you could do a search for the location of them and replace one if it does not fix it move it to the other one and see if that works without needing to buy 2 sensors my issue was intermittent some days it did not cause an issue and others it was a pain .

Back