• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard Check Engine - 2018 AR240

Open water

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had this issue now for 2 seasons and hoping someone can help. Bought the boat used about 2 years ago and as far as I can tell the batteries were original. first summer, no issues. Last summer I would put the boat in the water and get a check starboard engine with no code and boat ran as it should. I had a little help from a guy that had the same boat who I showed the LCD screens to on facetime and we chalked it up to low current. So I went and ran the boat a bit, turned it off, killed the power to the batteries for a minute, and then repowered batteries, turned it on, and no more check engine. This would happen periodically, but I could always get the code to go away. Fast forward to the end of the summer and I was starting to get the code even during the middle of the day. So I would kill the power to the batteries and wait a bit and then crank them back on, start the engine, and check engine would be gone. Same issues started this season so I broke down and bought new batteries. First weekend with the new batteries there were no issues, but now the issue is back. So I have still been able to get it to go away, but every time I crank the starboard engine it will pop up "Check Starboard Engine" for a second, but then goes away whereas normally it stays on and beeps at me until I mute it and go through my normal routine (above) to get it to stop. A few things to note. I do not have a trickle charge on my batteries (yes I know I should). There is also an amp that the previous owner wired directly to the house battery with an inline fuse that I remove after each day, but get the code regardless of if the fuse is installed or not. Can someone help me understand why it is giving we this warning and why?

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A charger would be good when you have an amp. There should be a wire going from the amp to a wire coming from the audio box under the helm that tells the amp to turn on when the audio is powered on so you don’t have to disconnect it at the battery every time.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Low voltage levels is a common source of electrical issues. Get yourself a smart charger for marine use like a Noco or similar and keep those new batteries fully charged when not in use.