• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

starboard check engine after flushing

drowan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2023 255 FSH SPORT E
My boat is on a lift. Of course at the end of my pier water pressure is not great but I have not had a problem ever with the port engine( water coming out of pisser with flushing). The last 2 times I have flushed the starboard engine I had water coming out of the engine/jet pump but not the pisser. The first time I did not notice but saw the overheat warning and shut it down. Engine ran fine during last outing without problems. Good flow out of pissers while underway. Last flushing water out of jet pump while flushing but then had engine warning light on- I immediately shut it down. Tried to reset engine light without success. I did star starboard engine and it sounds fine. Any suggestions?
THANKS

I would use a clamp behind the Y connector where the flush hose meets the supply hose from the jet drive. clamp behind the y......this keeps all the water going to engine............. a lot of water back feeds out the jet drive water pick up during flush. A 2023 should not have build up in the engine to have blockages but the PICK up screen could be blocked with sand/paper/leaves ect..............

Did you get into shallow water or dirty water recently? Only 4 small 10mm bolts to remove screen and clean........might be worth a look.

I found the problem!
The valve flush port on the starboard engine looks chewed up>
I owned a 2005 SX230 for 12 years and flushed religiously with out a problem.
Of course staboard engine still on and now when starting sounds real rough.
It will kill me( if my wife doesn't do it first) if that destroyed the engine.
Even with YES I am sure they will find a way to not cover it!

What little teeth chewed on that I wounder...................could have damaged the plugs.....Yamaha seem to eat them anyway.........Now my 2013 tripped an overheat them sounded the alarm when it got real hot. Its possible the computer has stuck in limp mode......... I don't thinks you could damage and engine (TOO HOT) UNLESS you smelled all the rubber burning off (IF THE RUBBER DID NOT MELT) she was not that hot.

Think positive repair hose..........new plugs........reset connects system clear all codes and fire her up. Last change oil you might have shorten its life a little.

Actually taking to dealer tomorrow. Hate that not because they do bad work but my boat is always covered even on boat lift!
There was a recall at the beginning of summer that needs to be checked out as well as a list of things to be fixed>
Had planned on doing all of it on my own till this.

you can check on Facebook Yamaha 252 and 255 ash owners group to see pictures and difference from port and starboard valve flush ports

Back