1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Island Jay has developed an "I SURVIVED THE BIMINI CROSSING" shirt for those that have made the crossing or plan to! They also have JETBOATERS flags available NOW!

Save 10% when you use code JB at check out.
    Plus orders $35 or more get Free USA Shipping (on your entire order-not just Jetboats.net atire).

Grab your Official Jet Boaters Gear and other Boating, Beach and Nautical Tees during the >> Island Jay Jetboaters Only Introduction Sale through the end of July!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right of this window to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Starboard engine light

Discussion in '2016 Yamaha Boats' started by Davidl69620013, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Davidl69620013

Davidl69620013 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    i need help. My starboard check engine light alarm goes off. The engines are running fine. We had a mechanic come out and do a couple of test and everything checked out. I have a Yamaha ar240 2016. I have taken it out twice and the alarm goes off all the time. I’m thinking it’s a bad sensor but I’m not sure. Any suggestions on maybe what’s wrong?

2. Drift Away

Drift Away Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,185 / 15
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    My 2016 SX240 does the same shit. As soon as i start it and back it off the trailer it will start going off. Does it about every other week.

3. Davidl69620013

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I have ran it three times this week and the third time the error stopped. It bugs.

4. Drift Away

Ratings:
    +1,185 / 15
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Mine comes and gos no real reason why

5. Davidl69620013

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Have you ever taken it in to a Yamaha dealer?

6. Drift Away

Ratings:
    +1,185 / 15
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I always i am gonna but then it would do it for a few weeks and ill forget about till it does it again

7. rsg1963

rsg1963 Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +193 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I had this happen last week. Noticed one of the pissers for the starboard engine was not doing much. Found out it was overheating because of some crap we took in. Once I cleared the blockage and the temp warning went away, the beeping continued showing 'engine issue'. Once I disconnected the batteries and brought everything back online it was fine.
    Just a couple thoughts:
    -Have you completely disconnected the batteries, reconnected and then tried running them again?
    -Have you held down the SysCtl button to get to the Service screen where the codes are shown?
    -Have you verified the batteries are FULLY charged?

• Agree Agree x 1