• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard Engine Low RPM

Yammy212S27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey everyone! I am a new member and very glad to be part of such a great community! We purchased our first Yamaha this summer (2022 212S) and so far we've been really pleased with it. I have a question about RPM difference at WOT and throttle split. The boat just came out of the 10-hour service. On the last outing prior to the service, I achieved about 7400 RPM on the Port side engine and about 7100 RPM on the Starboard side engine at WOT. I asked the dealer if they could look into that and they said it was probably just a throttle cable adjustment. Yesterday, first time out after the service, I got about 7540 RPM on the port side and 7230 on the starboard side. I also had a pretty decent throttle split above 7000 RPM. In addition, above 6000 RPM, if I release the throttles, the port side wants to inch back and drops about 500RPM while the starboard throttle seems to stay where it's put. I know, being mechanical connections, the throttles are never going to be perfectly matched. This just seemed a bit excessive and especially with the starboard side running so much lower. Is this pretty normal for these engines or is there something else I need to look into? Thanks!

**Photos show the starboard side pretty much at WOT and maxing out at close to 7200 RPM with the port side not quite to WOT with another 100-200RPM left to go **

Attachments

• IMG_2873.JPEG
    IMG_2873.JPEG
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2872.JPEG
    IMG_2872.JPEG
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
Back