• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard engine stumbles when at idle.

Boaty McBoat Face

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We recently bought a 2013 AR210. I noticed that the starboard engine stumbles once in a while at idle. The other day when I was idling into the dock it stalled out. Thank God for twins. It seems fine when I'm underway. Just starts hiccuping a little at idle. Anyone have a similar issue? Spark plugs maybe?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it could be spark plugs and that would be an easy thing to swap out, when was the last time they were changed ?

how long have you owned the boat, how many hours/tanks of fuel have you put on it before the problem began?
what rpm are both engines idling at?
have you checked your oil levels lately?

I would normally think fuel but since the other engine isn't displaying any issues the only fuel issue would be if debris were blocking the pickup and that would be a longshot problem,

Boaty McBoat Face

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: I changed out the spark plugs and she runs nice and smooth now. After seeing on some of the other groups and forums, these MR1 engines are very particular with their plugs. Even though there is only 85 hours on the boat, I'm going to make sure to put a new set in annually.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ooops, I didn't even realize you had mR 1's or I would have said plugs as a definite first point, I was thinking 2013 was all 1.8L's

Glad to hear it working properly,

update your profile with your new boat info and your location,

Boaty McBoat Face

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My bad. I applied for my account back when we were looking at an AR190. Ended up going up to a 210.
Thanks for the reply.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you are back running well.

And :Welcome: !

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update: I changed out the spark plugs and she runs nice and smooth now. After seeing on some of the other groups and forums, these MR1 engines are very particular with their plugs. Even though there is only 85 hours on the boat, I'm going to make sure to put a new set in annually.
And when you replace your plugs keep an old set of 4 plugs that you removed in the boat if they were running good. They are easy to swap on the water if you need to.