• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Want To Buy Starting my search for a 212x!!

zwillz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello,
Starting my search for a 212x. If you have one for sale, or will have one for sale please shoot me a PM or email. Looking for one with lower hours, and well maintained and cared for. Im pretty OCD, so if the seats, hull, or motor looks rough, ill go ahead and pass right now lol. Im not in a hurry, but can be for the right one. Been looking on the internet, but wanted to reach out on here also.
Thanks
z_willz@yahoo.com

Hey bud, thx for the reply. Yeah I saw that one, but for that price I can buy a new 2018 w warranty. Been in contact with 2 dealers so far. But this is my first jet boat, so I'm trying to convince myself to find a nice used one before leaping into a new one. Its def nice tho.
I'd like to find a 2015 or newer if possible. Well maintained w lower hours. I've been on Craig's, fb, and just joined here. Great group so far. I appreciate the help!
Zach

Hey bud, thx for the reply. Yeah I saw that one, but for that price I can buy a new 2018 w warranty. Been in contact with 2 dealers so far. But this is my first jet boat, so I'm trying to convince myself to find a nice used one before leaping into a new one. Its def nice tho.
I'd like to find a 2015 or newer if possible. Well maintained w lower hours. I've been on Craig's, fb, and just joined here. Great group so far. I appreciate the help!
Zach
Welcome!
Well, you picked the model that has always been notoriously high priced for resale, throughout the years, also pretty high MSRP. I still think it may be the best boat in the Yamaha lineup, but I couldn't get myself to pay for it more than I did for a 24fter AR240, new.

May want to make sure you test ride in a least a couple of those boats before you get completely set on your target. These are not like your traditional boats, and you may find that different feel very appealing, or not.

I would absolutely agree on purchasing used, generally speaking these boats hold their value and are pretty reliable, so it is a bit less risky (buying and trading) that with other brands.

--

Welcome!
Well, you picked the model that has always been notoriously high priced for resale, throughout the years, also pretty high MSRP. I still think it may be the best boat in the Yamaha lineup, but I couldn't get myself to pay for it more than I did for a 24fter AR240, new.

May want to make sure you test ride in a least a couple of those boats before you get completely set on your target. These are not like your traditional boats, and you may find that different feel very appealing, or not.

I would absolutely agree on purchasing used, generally speaking these boats hold their value and are pretty reliable, so it is a bit less risky (buying and trading) that with other brands.

--
Im finding that out as far as resale and MSRP lol. These dudes are expensive!! I like the 240s also, but i think that might be too much boat for me and the fam, atleast for a few years. Ive always been around and owned an older Mastercraft, which I love(not the price tag), but Yamis would best suite my family. Kids are young, love to tube, and chill at the beach or by the boat. You can't beat the swim decks!! Ive always had jet skis, and still do, but I also like the safety and lower maintenance of these boats. Really don't want to buy new, so hopefully i can find a nice used one. But I do like some of the newer upgrades on the 17+ models. Thanks for your insight!
Z

Zach

If you can get a '18 for that price... GET IT!!! I bought my 2017 as a leftover in May of this year and drove 8.5hrs to get it and I assure you, after a ton of negotiating, I didn't get it for that price! The '17 shown above is pretty much flawless and has a ridesteady system already installed.

If you can get a '18 for that price... GET IT!!! I bought my 2017 as a leftover in May of this year and drove 8.5hrs to get it and I assure you, after a ton of negotiating, I didn't get it for that price! The '17 shown above is pretty much flawless and has a ridesteady system already installed.

I got an OTD price of a little over 51k. Its been a month long thing negotiating lol. They also have 2 19s on the lot, so maybe that's why also.... His def looks nice, but for that difference in price Id rather have new. But again, im not 100% sure im wanting to drop that for my first jet boat. Im not in a big hurry, but def open minded. There a couple local ones(2015s), that I have an eye on. Im pretty picky, but its a big investment for me and the fam. Thx bud!
Z

I got an OTD price of a little over 51k. Its been a month long thing negotiating lol. They also have 2 19s on the lot, so maybe that's why also.... His def looks nice, but for that difference in price Id rather have new. But again, im not 100% sure im wanting to drop that for my first jet boat. Im not in a big hurry, but def open minded. There a couple local ones(2015s), that I have an eye on. Im pretty picky, but its a big investment for me and the fam. Thx bud!
Z

I know where you're coming from. I have not been disappointed at all with my 212x. I actually started out shopping for a 24' until I actually sat in a 212 and realized how roomy it was for a 21' boat! One thing to keep in mind is the redesigned tower in 2017. I don't know how much of a pain the earlier models are to fold down or if that even matters to you but the 2017 and up models couldn't be easier (and I liked the look of the forward arch tower a lot more personally.)

I know where you're coming from. I have not been disappointed at all with my 212x. I actually started out shopping for a 24' until I actually sat in a 212 and realized how roomy it was for a 21' boat! One thing to keep in mind is the redesigned tower in 2017. I don't know how much of a pain the earlier models are to fold down or if that even matters to you but the 2017 and up models couldn't be easier (and I liked the look of the forward arch tower a lot more personally.)

Yeah, everything I'm reading and seeing, everyone loves the 212x. My buddy has a 19ft boat and we've been pretty comfortable with 6-8 people on before, so I think the 21ft will be perfect! Thanks for the heads up on the tower. It will most likely stay up, but that is good to know for sure! Does yours give you a decent wake with just the factory bags filled? Also, how does your factory system sound with the wet sounds sound bar? I've searched, but havent found any reviews on it and I know there tower speakers are legit. Thx

Yeah, everything I'm reading and seeing, everyone loves the 212x. My buddy has a 19ft boat and we've been pretty comfortable with 6-8 people on before, so I think the 21ft will be perfect! Thanks for the heads up on the tower. It will most likely stay up, but that is good to know for sure! Does yours give you a decent wake with just the factory bags filled? Also, how does your factory system sound with the wet sounds sound bar? I've searched, but havent found any reviews on it and I know there tower speakers are legit. Thx

I don't wakesurf, only wakeboard and it provides a pretty nice wake for that. I can't comment on any wakesurfing, but there are countless threads here on it. These boats will never be a GREAT watersports boat, so keep that in mind. The best way I describe my boat to others is that it is not the BEST at any one thing it does, but it does EVERYTHING better than any other boat I have seen. It is not the fastest, best riding, best wake boat, best ski boat, best cruiser, etc... but it does everything I want to do very well and I don't know of a more versatile boat on the market!

The sound system was great to me but I came from a boat with no tower and a 4 speaker system that I upgraded the speakers on and added a 10" sub. What I love the most about the sound bar is the music doesn't have to be crazy loud in the boat to be able to hear it in the water while anchored out. But, it can get loud enough for people on a tube to hear the music clearly. There is one good thread on here with some very easy upgrades to the factory system that are pretty easy and inexpensive and use all the original hardware. I plan to get on mine over the winter. I'll tag you in that thread if you'd like.

I don't wakesurf, only wakeboard and it provides a pretty nice wake for that. I can't comment on any wakesurfing, but there are countless threads here on it. These boats will never be a GREAT watersports boat, so keep that in mind. The best way I describe my boat to others is that it is not the BEST at any one thing it does, but it does EVERYTHING better than any other boat I have seen. It is not the fastest, best riding, best wake boat, best ski boat, best cruiser, etc... but it does everything I want to do very well and I don't know of a more versatile boat on the market!

The sound system was great to me but I came from a boat with no tower and a 4 speaker system that I upgraded the speakers on and added a 10" sub. What I love the most about the sound bar is the music doesn't have to be crazy loud in the boat to be able to hear it in the water while anchored out. But, it can get loud enough for people on a tube to hear the music clearly. There is one good thread on here with some very easy upgrades to the factory system that are pretty easy and inexpensive and use all the original hardware. I plan to get on mine over the winter. I'll tag you in that thread if you'd like.

Awesome, that all definitely makes sense. Especially for the price point as far as wanting a specific wakeboard or wakesurf boat. Those things new are ridiculous! But that's why I'm a big fan of these Yamahas, they do a little bit of everything, and they do them great from what I'm reading. And that would be great if you could tag me in that thread. I definitely would like to keep it somewhat Factory or maybe add some tower speakers. If I got a 17 or 18, that will be already done. Again thanks a lot.
Z

Awesome, that all definitely makes sense. Especially for the price point as far as wanting a specific wakeboard or wakesurf boat. Those things new are ridiculous! But that's why I'm a big fan of these Yamahas, they do a little bit of everything, and they do them great from what I'm reading. And that would be great if you could tag me in that thread. I definitely would like to keep it somewhat Factory or maybe add some tower speakers. If I got a 17 or 18, that will be already done. Again thanks a lot.
Z
That is so true. I see my boat as a real "Swiss Army Knife" of boats.

As far as surfing, 21s can throw an unbelievable wave, just check out @bobbie's pics and movies here.
Keep in mind you will not be able to avoid having at least some ballast out in the open, such as swim deck - for best results.

Just wondering - have you considered a 230? There have been some amazing deals posted here, like @chess boat - if I were int he market like you I might go for it and then go from there. I realize you have had jet skis - that certainly helps, your learning curve will not be too long. Mine was... kind a crazy. Fortunately I started with a 190 which was a perfect intro to everything Yamaha jet boat, maintenance and use.

--

That is so true. I see my boat as a real "Swiss Army Knife" of boats.

As far as surfing, 21s can throw an unbelievable wave, just check out @bobbie's pics and movies here.
Keep in mind you will not be able to avoid having at least some ballast out in the open, such as swim deck - for best results.

Just wondering - have you considered a 230? There have been some amazing deals posted here, like @chess boat - if I were int he market like you I might go for it and then go from there. I realize you have had jet skis - that certainly helps, your learning curve will not be too long. Mine was... kind a crazy. Fortunately I started with a 190 which was a perfect intro to everything Yamaha jet boat, maintenance and use.

--

I have, I have looked into all models. Even the 19ft line ups, but I just keep coming back to these bad boys lol. Im sure I will have a little learning curve, but im pretty close to a lake, so nothing a few trips on an empty lake couldnt fix. How does the articulating keel help? Vectors needed as well? My only main concern is teaching the wife to learn how to back lol.
Z

I have, I have looked into all models. Even the 19ft line ups, but I just keep coming back to these bad boys lol. Im sure I will have a little learning curve, but im pretty close to a lake, so nothing a few trips on an empty lake couldnt fix. How does the articulating keel help? Vectors needed as well? My only main concern is teaching the wife to learn how to back lol.
Z

Update your location and there may be someone close by willing to take you out on one.

As for steering enhancements, I went with Cobra since his system did everything I needed. Best $400 I have ever spent on a boat! It is not NEEDED, but does help in a ton of areas.

@zwillz I was in the same "boat" no pun intended as you were... I would have made a huge mistake if I didnt get a 23 footer or bigger... The price point to go used made sense especially if the person takes care of the boat. I love my boat, it isnt in the cards, and it will tow literally everything... for being a 2005, I still get comments about it, and the mr-1 motors which are known to LAST forever only have 220 hours on them...that is DIRT LOW... Like i said I am pulling the boat on Friday and winterizing it on my dollar.... so literally you would have to toss the batteries in next spring wash her off and boom you are off racing....

If you want shoot me a PM and we can def work things out :)

Thanks @swatski for the mention sir !!

You know one thing I have often pondered about a 1-2 yr old, really clean well maintained, used boat vs a brand new boat. Once in a while you hear horror stories about a person who buys a brand new boat and spends the first summer in and out of the shop to get all the "lemon" out of it, I'm talking any brand boat (I've had one such experience in my life with a Glastron). Just saying, if you get a used boat that is mint and well maintained from a good honest buyer, it also has the added benefit of being proven on the water for at least a season or two and you know for sure you won't be dealing with a lemon. Not to mention if it had any ad-ons that you like and then don't have to install yourself (although that can be fun). Anyway just saying out load something I've mused about.

You know one thing I have often pondered about a 1-2 yr old, really clean well maintained, used boat vs a brand new boat. Once in a while you hear horror stories about a person who buys a brand new boat and spends the first summer in and out of the shop to get all the "lemon" out of it, I'm talking any brand boat (I've had one such experience in my life with a Glastron). Just saying, if you get a used boat that is mint and well maintained from a good honest buyer, it also has the added benefit of being proven on the water for at least a season or two and you know for sure you won't be dealing with a lemon. Not to mention if it had any ad-ons that you like and then don't have to install yourself (although that can be fun). Anyway just saying out load something I've mused about.
Agree to all! Why I'm open to everything at this point. Def agree w the add ons. New, I would def go w the "YES" warranty. Thx!

Back