• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Static from speakers on 2021 212XE

Thomas3452

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I need some help from the audio experts. This is my first time owning a boat with an actual sound system and not just speakers with a crappy radio. When I turn on my batteries the turn the key to the on position to go into float mode, a staticky sound comes out of all speakers as soon as the factory amp powers up. Any idea why and how to fix it or is this just normal?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to ground all negative wires to a single ground "sink". That cures the issue you are experiencing in 99% of all cases.

There is no metal chassis, unlike in a car/truck, so need to ground with wires.

Check @Mainah posts on that topic, he cured this problem for a lot of people here!

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I also have a new 212XE, and the most disappointing thing to me is the lack of eq function on the top of the line sound system. Yamaha says that they have a new vendor, and the X models don’t get an eq like previous models did. It actually shows an eq section in the owner’s manual, so it’s obviously supposed to be there.

Thomas3452

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I know what you mean. Some have mentioned installing an inline equalizer. I don’t have any idea how or where that would be installed, but maybe an option for there systems.