• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering adjustment

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
anyone have experience adjusting their steering in twin engines? Mines tracking to the left some and it's annoying me. Adjustment looks straight forward but not sure if there is a rhyme or reason to tow in or exactly parallel.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine wasn't tracking straight completely and the dealer fixed it under warranty - I believe they just unbolted the wheel and moved it 1 position and rebolted.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not fimilar with the scarab boats, but it's been the confess to set the nozzles parallel. The yamahas can be adjusted by running a straight edge across both nozzles. If all four points of the nozzles (inside and outer edges of both nozzles) are touching, the nozzles are set parallel.

Are you having any cavitation issues? Usually pulling to one side is caused by uneven thrust on the opposite side of the turn. Keep in mind though that with twin engines there is a natural tendency for the boat to pull to the left. It has to do with how water is fed into the pumps, and possibly engine rotation. Again, not sure about how the scarabs are set up, but the Yamaha boats use different pitched impellers on port and starboard to compensate this effect. I'm pretty sure it's been documented over the years that somebody had issues pulling left and found out later that they had the same pitched impellers on both pumps (from the factory). But I might be remembering that part wrong.

Anyway, hopefully you can find a setting or adjustment that gives you a better feel.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'll have to whip out the straight edge and take a look at them. It is more than just the steering wheel being off but it makes sense about having twin engines tending to pull one direction. Its not SO bad that I would rather be working on it than being on the water. Its a good rainy day project....literally.
I am not having any cavitation issues, all else is well other than an annoying check engine light (O2 sensor) but I'm waiting on a candoo pro to arrive before I deal with that.

My dealer is 18hrs away so I tend to do most of my small warranty stuff which I would still do if they were 20min away.

Thanks for the suggestions

John Carnevale

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did you have any luck getting the boat to track correctly? Mine is pulling aggressively right....dealer claims it is "normal!!!!"