• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering Cable

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2016 242 LS. There is some information regarding replacing but a few questions. I’m assuming there are two cables. Does the part include both? I’m assuming for $360 it does?
For anyone who has done this what was the hardest part in replacing?
Thanks in Advance.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, the 2 cables are all one unit. What’s difficult is just working in tight spaces not the job itself. Would I do it again myself, probably, but also understand why dealers charge what they do.

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Makes sense. Thanks.

Delgrad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tried doing it today. Got stuck trying to get the old cable through the transom. Anyone have and tricks?

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tried doing it today. Got stuck trying to get the old cable through the transom. Anyone have and tricks?
any luck, it looks like some people used line to fish through. A cable snake is always helpful to me when I routing thinks through a boat. Lot's of things to get snagged on.

Delgrad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My issue was freeing up the old cables from the transom. Loosened up the bolt and washer and it would not budge. Had to get a piece of pipe and a sledgehammer. Ultimately got it