• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering tie bar for LS2000 AR210 with cobra jets

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so I have cobra jet steering fins on my AR 210 and I absolutely love them... boat steers like it should. Ive been drinking it over for a bit, making a tie bar for the steering nozzles since the updated parts are off the articulated keel models... so Im thinking ill make some slightly relieved inner fins on each side to make room for the tie bar and heims... I get about 2 years out of steering cables using my boat in the salt water nearly every day. I just built a pressure lube setup for them and I have had good luck with a secondary seal approach that I have come up with out of necessity... I don't have the same issue with shifter cables as I think the routing lets them drain...

Thoughts?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is all you can do is try. If it works, great. If it doesn't work then go back to what was working.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol well the steering cables always break at the most inopportune times (thanks to Mr Murphy) so its more of a safety thing.