• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering wheel

Hollywood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
9D4FDAF3-F581-4E91-AE24-D3D04B510ADC.png anyone know if this will fit my 06 sx230 ?

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found this thread... did it work?
How is it?
Got pics?

JBRyan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m curious as well, was it a easy swap?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The steering wheel is held on by the 6 bolts. Any universal fit steering wheel shou d work.

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The steering wheel is held on by the 6 bolts. Any universal fit steering wheel shou d work.
I had the same question about using an automotive steering wheel to replace the steering wheel on my 2007 SX230. It's in storage right now but I know it has the six bolt pattern. I'm looking at a Momo wheel that has the six bolt pattern. I'm just curious if anyone has actually done a similar swap?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
all wheels are not the same pattern. I found out when I purchased a very well priced wheel that did not fit. I 3D printed an adapter to fit. It has worked very well and functions as expected. I bought it on eBay for $20 shipped, but so long ago the purchase history is gone.

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are all the adapters with a 3/4" tapered shaft compatible with our boats? I have a 2007 SX230 and I really want to swap out the existing steering wheel.

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking of getting this wheel but I'm not sure if the 3/4" taper is standard on all Yamaha boats?