• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering

Bandit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got a 2022 sx190 I have always had jet boats but the 15ft size, this is 19ft and heavier. I just seem to have excess play in the wheel compared to the smaller boat. I turn the wheel and can't really feel the maneuver as I turn the wheel. Also this boat has cruise assit that does not mean it will hold the mph it is not cruise control, the wake assit does work and helps in docking. With thanks bandit. It's my dogs name

I just got a 2022 sx190 I have always had jet boats but the 15ft size, this is 19ft and heavier. I just seem to have excess play in the wheel compared to the smaller boat. I turn the wheel and can't really feel the maneuver as I turn the wheel. Also this boat has cruise assit that does not mean it will hold the mph it is not cruise control, the wake assit does work and helps in docking. With thanks bandit. It's my dogs name

same issue here on my 2023 AR195. I have a lot of play in my steering wheel, I can’t take my hands off wheel for a second. I went back to the nozzle, and it rocks left-to-right about an inch before the steering cable is engaged. A 2 inch play L/R prior to the steering wheel can have any input doesn’t feel normal, in fact feels like I’m all over the water! I even have JBP thrust vectors installed. How can I tighten the steering linkage so the nozzle receives immediate and direct steering input?

Put the correct steering on the boat you get rid of the things that are bothering you at all speeds even off power and bow wander at all speeds or loss of speed in turns it is like driving a sports car on a dry road MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, don't make a mistake when you decide to upgrade your steering system get the most features and benefits available for your boat and just practice smiling .
I make super steering for all speeds not just at the dock.

Last edited:
same issue here on my 2023 AR195. I have a lot of play in my steering wheel, I can’t take my hands off wheel for a second. I went back to the nozzle, and it rocks left-to-right about an inch before the steering cable is engaged. A 2 inch play L/R prior to the steering wheel can have any input doesn’t feel normal, in fact feels like I’m all over the water! I even have JBP thrust vectors installed. How can I tighten the steering linkage so the nozzle receives immediate and direct steering input?
You better check with your dealer just in case it is an affected boat with the steering cable issue. Some are currently on a stop sale so i would definitely check to verify if its affected

To make the process easy you can email me your boat year and model your preferred email address and your shipping address then and I can send you an invoice for the system you want to add to your boat or help you choose the correct system as I make many different model specific steering systems that work at all speeds and also offer other benefits. jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

As for checking if your steering cable has play just get someone to hold the nozzle still in it's centered position and see if the wheel moves freely from one direction to the other before it tries to move the nozzle it should try to move the nozzle instantly Also watch the cable housing where it exits the transom of the boat when someone is turning the wheel and see if it is loose , if it moves in and out you need to tighten the nut that secures it where it exits the boat.
These boats have bow wander where you have to constantly make steering corrections , simple to deal with if your cable feels ok checking it like I said then add my steering to the boat and it won't do that even if you are turning and rapidly decelerating the boat will maintain control ! Plus participating in water sport activities is a lot more fun for everyone. Go back and view the last video where the 19 foot boat made wakes behind the trailer and then drove through those to load the boat on the trailer.

Last edited:
Back