• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Comm Error-beeping

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! AR-240 running great, no issues until today. I have a constant “beeping” after Connext boots up and a display message of “Stereo Comm Error.” I turned off Bluetooth on my phone and watch, can’t find a way to stop the beeping.

Any ideas??

so i found this old post:

lots of good info there. my swim deck remote is definitely trashed. i hadn't worried about it because i couldn't envision using it. i'll disconnect that first based on the above post, then check fuses. what bothers me is i installed an onboard charger and 2 speakers immediately prior to this problem popping up... anyway, i will update. electrical issues freak me out.

so the solution discussed in the post above worked. took out a cup holder on the swim deck, easily found the remote wire and disconnected it right there. it splices together with a quick connect at that exact location. "Stereo Comm Error" is gone. as for the "beeping," i really don't want to admit what happened there so i'll let my friend Carl explain:

Went thru the same this weekend, and changing the rear remote was the solution for me. I had it in spare, from when i ordered the speakers from 242. Happy days! Boat with no tune and beep is not how the boat God intended it! ?

I have a stereo comm error and all Connext media buttons show a padlock icon….however the rear console works and controls the volume and other functions. Also have a depth finder /water temp error. Put new batteries in. Both wet sounds Amps come on….gonna need to take it in it seems

Back