• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo volume increase

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone - I would like to know what the best way is to increase my music volume in the boat (primarily while under way)....I don't know much about sound equipment...buy an amp? Install more speakers? Please lmk what is best route. Also, cost and ease of install are considerations. Thanks!

craigm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am very happy with this setup.
What is not included is two pair of Roswell classic speakers I found at the boat show this year.
The tower speakers are probably not needed while you are in the boat underway.

Attachments

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
An amp will get you volume but with an amp you will need better speakers as any decent amp will blow your stock speakers. You have 6 Polk speakers now plus 2 tweeters in the tower that everyone disconnects. Not sure what the power handling is for the stock speakers but you could start with a 6 channel amp for volume and just be careful not to really crank it up. Speakers could be replaced later but if the budget can handle it do it all at once. I'm sure you could sell the stock Polk speakers.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If your boat has the polk speakers, you can add a nice 4 channel amp to the and it will come alive. The Polks sound great when amplified and when run in high pass (mids and highs only), they can handle a respectable amount of power. Add another amp and a sub later and you'll be set.

matt sabath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
a few questions:
I have a 2104 yamaha 242 with a clarion cmd8, stock speakers and jl m400 amp.

1. the volume maxes out a 33 and is not very load when running the boat. What is the best way to increase the sound level? Should i replace the speakers? head unit? Both?
2. You mentioned everyone unplugs the tweeters. Why is that?

Osric

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@matt sabath have you tuned the gain on your amp? I'd start there, if not.