• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo volume using bluetooth

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi again - just wondering if anyone else thinks the stereo volume while underway is a bit light? I seem to be having tune at about 80% while underway...and it isnt blaring loud. I realize while under way there is a to be of other noise...just wondering what others might have done to address if similar concern? Thanks!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What kind of device are you streaming from? Have you increased that devices volume also?

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good question...I am using an iPhone 6 and do have volume maxed out on the phone. Do you find the stereo on the boat suitably loud when underway? I had a passenger yesterday tell me the rear cabin speakers were off...when actually they were not! It seems the bow speakers are working better than the stern speakers...any other ideas?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Buy an amp and disconnect the tower speakers:winkingthumbsup"

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tower tweets are the worst

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't played with the 2015s stereo, but does it have a level adjust for the different audio sources? I know on my Clarion head unit the Aux input has a level you can adjust up/down to help with this. Might not be an option on the new head units though...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Polk head unit used on the (at least) the 2015 24-footers seems to be somewhat "light" in power output at least compared to the past couple of years.

A decent (ie, not expensive) AMPLIFIER fixes all of this. You might wish to consider this option. It makes far LARGER DIFFERENCE than the cost and installation time involved.

Good Luck and please do let us know how you decide. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2015 242LS and haven't had this problem. Granted there are "softer" songs but with the Connext equaliser used I can clearly here Jason Aldean telling me that this is his kinda party.
(I have added two matching Polk 6" speakers onto the tower, but no amp)

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2015 242LS and haven't had this problem. Granted there are "softer" songs but with the Connext equaliser used I can clearly here Jason Aldean telling me that this is his kinda party.
(I have added two matching Polk 6" speakers onto the tower, but no amp)
What type of Polk 6" did you add on the tower? Any pics?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCSTWG - I found some matching speakers to the ones on the 242. I believe about $300 shipped from Amazon.

Attachments

Stii

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with the OP that the stereo is a bit light. I just bought the JBL MA600 amp from amazon for $100, I believe its the same amp Yamaha sells for $270 on their accessories website. Is there any advice or tutorial on hooking up the amp? This is the only change to the stock stereo I have. I also bought an amp installation kit.