• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo Wiring Harness for Yamaha?

tspizzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking at replacing my Clarion head unit in my 2015 AR190. I've replaced DIN stereos before in cars, but always dealt with a wiring harness for the make/model of the vehicle in question, which is wired to the stereo's harness, then plugged in. Is there a wiring harness available from Yamaha? Or do I need to remove the existing plug and then cut, strip, and wire the new stereo's harness?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I removed the stock harness from the 190, cut the old head unit harness off then splice the new head unit to the Yamaha wiring harness. I used the Kenwood KMR-M325BT to replace the stock Clarion, almost identical to the Clarion for wiring.

tspizzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Did you just match the wire colors on the harness or did you have to translate between car standards and the Yamaha wiring?

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I swapped a stock Sony HU on my old 2008 212X to a Fusion HU and colors matched, just cut and splice like JBehrens.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think in my Clarion the manual has the wiring diagram, might even be printed on the unit data sticker. I’m sure it’s online somewhere, but it appears to use the automotive color standards found on most aftermarket units.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Did you just match the wire colors on the harness or did you have to translate between car standards and the Yamaha wiring?
Everything matches the standard color diagram, my Yamaha harness was labeled making it easy to match up to the new unit. Just pull the harness out of the boat, use the guide on the new unit and you should be good to go.

Kind of a bad picture but here is what mine looks like completed.

Attachments

fletchar88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Newbie. Did not want to start a new thread, maybe you could answer. Thanks for the above answer however I saw your amp mount and curious if you ended up running a second battery and if it is necessary at all. I plan to add a very small Pyle amp to power upgraded kicker 6.5s.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Newbie. Did not want to start a new thread, maybe you could answer. Thanks for the above answer however I saw your amp mount and curious if you ended up running a second battery and if it is necessary at all. I plan to add a very small Pyle amp to power upgraded kicker 6.5s.
Second batter is smart regardless of the stereo you have on the boat. I have two group 27's in my boat (overkill) and a bat 1/2 switch. I have a picture/parts list for mine here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2014-sx190-build-thread-off-grid-pic-heavy.27305/

Lots of info on second battery for a 190 on the site, it's a good thing to add. Side note, if you go with the amp in this location you will need to drill out some holes in the seat for the bolts