• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stern stereo remote out

Mshock14

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Literally in the span of 24 hours my stern stereo remote went out. It has a display but none of the buttons are working. Any ideas? I am clueless but I feel like it should be something fairly simple. Thanks in advance.

If you got what I got (aquatics a/v wireless), than simply put you got junk. The display is shot on mine but the buttons work fine. Go figure. They offer a wired option, I think. Good luck with yours, whatever it is. If it is a wired unit I would start by making sure the connections (at the head unit and remote) are tight.

Is it the JBL factory unit? Or another brand?

A 2013 AR240 would include the Clarion MW1 marine remote, which is a decent unit. I would check the connections on the back of the head unit, maybe it got bumped when loading/unloading something in the helm storage? Also, I've noticed on mine that it requires an almost ridiculous amount of pressure on the remote buttons to make them work. Must be a lot of water proofing stuck in there.

Yes it is the clarion system. Taking it back out shortly so I will take a look around and see if I find anything loose.

I have the MW1 and M502 aftermarket headunit and have issues all the time with the stern remote. I have tried taping the connections together to help keep them together but occasionally the display or buttons stop working. Usually I reseat the connection and it works. PITA but it is what it is!

Mine has been out of whack since after the first season with my boat. I re-synced the remote to the head unit and can now change channels and adjust volume. The rear remote will work when it wants to. I try to adjust the volume and when I press the button once, it will immediately increase all the way up. It's probably shot. How do I get to from the inside? Is it through the engine bay?

My aquatic av remote was dead when I bought my boat in September 2012. It will get replaced when I upgrade.

Still no luck. Guess I will get it checked out by someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks for the info guys.

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago on my Aquatics A/V Display works, but the buttons nada...

Hmmm...M303 and MW1 wired remote here with no problems. I thought these were rock solid units???

Back