• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stern Swim-up Seat leaking and Holding Water

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I used one swim up seat on my boat a few days ago. When I took it out of the water, I discovered that the seat was half full of water. I can make it dribble out, but I cannot get it completely drained. Has anyone else had an issue like this. Again, I called my local dealer, and I am making a warranty claim.

New boat picked up in May and I have the following issues.
1) captain's chair does not spin, broken linkage (warranty claim)
2) Door to head compartment warped (warranty claim, door unavailable, complained to Yamaha customer service)
3) Port engine hard to start at times, warranty claim, unresolved. (New plugs installed, run blower more religiously)
4) Stern swim-up seats holding water (warranty claim)
5) Boat ceramic coated including interior. Bathing suit bleed dye and unable to remove dye. (Warranty claim).

I never had one issue with my 2017 SX240, that's what I get for buying a new boat during a pandemic.

BK1369

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just received mine, so haven't tried them out. I noticed the seat had fill ports where they filled it with foam (mine didn't have the padded surface on yet, so hole was exposed). I imagine if they are leaking, that hole under the pad wasn't filled to the top.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I can't find any place the water could enter, looks pretty solid. Tried it again today, yup, they fill up with water.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Question - why not just drill some small drain holes in the bottom?

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don't want to do that because both sides are finished, one side is a seat and one side is a cop holder. Hopefully, Yamaha Will warranty these and the new ones don't leak.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I brought the seat to my dealer, Highway Marine, in PA. I got reprimanded because I didn't bring my boat to them so they could take a picture of the swim up seat attached to the boat. After a minute or two of going back and forth they took the seat for warranty consideration. The dealer knows that it is a five-hour trip one way with a boat being trailered to their dealership. Oh well, they made the sale, guess that's what matters.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I bought my '22 275SD August 2022 and just got the chance to get in the water this past week because of Hurricane Ian marina damage last year. I just used the two swim-upn seats twice and so far no water intrusion.

I will keep an eye on it and report back if it starts.

Brian_NY

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yamaha is doing a warranty replacement for the leaking seat. Hopefully this one will be good.