• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sticker removal

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So my boat is a 2008 sx 230. I want to remove all the annoying warning stickers all over the boat. My concern is the boat is so older but in excellent condition. Will the stickers come off like they should or will i left with a torn mess half stuck to the boat and the other half of the sticker missing. i have a heat gun for wiring work, (like a large hair dryer) Would that do the job?

Two words...Goo Gone!k2-_2db81e94-0287-458e-9304-b639dafcb3f3.v1.jpgPeel off what you can, spray on the Goo Gone, let it sit a few minutes and wipe. I wouldn't use a heat gun on anything that I cared about.

Mine is an '09 and all mine came off surprisingly easy. I used a knife to get a corner started and kept an even pull until they were off.
I never realized how many there were until I started pulling them off, just when I would think I was done is find more.

Some only left a small outline of sticky stuff that I used a cloth and WD40 and wiped it right up,

I was watching the kids swim and picked at mine and one by one pulled them off. A few of them have found a home on my insulated cup. I think the vagina rectum warning is the only one left and thats definitely going from the boat to a mug, so ill have to wait to take that one off slowly.

Hair dryer provided more than enough heat to get rid of mine (not sure I'd use anything stronger...) and most didn't even need that. Goo Gone got rid of the leftovers. Some seemed to leave an almost imperceptible "halo" when removed and I was concerned that it was fading but I found that pretty much disappeared with some cleaner and wax.

Biggest problem I had was the oft-repeated "There, done! Oh, crap! There's another one!!" Sheesh.

Back