• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stock Battery

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX190 and I bought a Noco Genius 10 charger/tender. The Noco offers three different modes for the 12V, which are regular 12v (wet cell, gel enhanced flooded, maintenance-free & calcium batters), 12v AGM and 12V Lithium. I assume it's a regular 12V but how can I tell? While they've branded it as HiTech, based on the UPC code this is the same battery: Auto Value : 12 Volt Marine Starting Deka

Can anyone confirm for me that this is not an AGM or Lithium battery? Just wanna be sure before hooking up the noco. Thanks!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you buy the boat new?
I seriously doubt Yamaha would put anything other that a lead-acid battery in there. The other types cost much more. Lithium, absolutely not.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you buy the boat new?
I seriously doubt Yamaha would put anything other that a lead-acid battery in there. The other types cost much more. Lithium, absolutely not.
Yup, bought it new. I think your assumption is correct. Figured it's worth checking so as to avoid frying anything :)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX190 and I bought a Noco Genius 10 charger/tender. The Noco offers three different modes for the 12V, which are regular 12v (wet cell, gel enhanced flooded, maintenance-free & calcium batters), 12v AGM and 12V Lithium. I assume it's a regular 12V but how can I tell? While they've branded it as HiTech, based on the UPC code this is the same battery: Auto Value : 12 Volt Marine Starting Deka

Can anyone confirm for me that this is not an AGM or Lithium battery? Just wanna be sure before hooking up the noco. Thanks!
We have the same HiTech batteries which appear to be rebranded Deka's. They're regular wet/flooded lead acid but with thicker plates for marine use. Once the house starts to go, it'll be replaced with a decent deep cycle marine battery.