• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stop Engine. Contact Yamaha Service

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I just pulled my 2020 195S out of storage on Sunday to get it cleaned up, re-install the battery and get ready for the season. Got the dryer sheets, damp-rid, and moth ball packets all removed from the lockers, etc. Washed boat, cleaned and conditioned the seats and was ready to fire it up to test. Boat has 34 hrs on it. At the end of last season, I hit all the exposed metal on the boat and trailer with Fluid Film, added the appropriate amount of Stabil marine fuel stabilizer, and filled the tank with 93 octane.

Turned the battery switch on and the Connext screen lit up. One it finished booting, I had the engine flush hose connected (no air in hose) with water turned off. Tried to start the engine and on the second turn of the key it tried do fire up. Then I got a message on the Connext screen "Stop Engine. Contact Yamaha Service". So I start looking around at stuff and realize I don't have the engine cut-off lanyard attached! lol So after attaching the lanyard, the engine fires up and once running, I start the water flow on the hose. The same Stop Engine error message pops up on the Connext screen again at about the same time water starts to spit out of the engine cooling lines on the side of the boat. So I quickly turn off the water flow and shut the engine off.

I try once more to start the engine up, and this time it fires right up, no error message on Connext, and I flip the valve on my flush hose to start the water flowing again. Engine never sounded rough starting up or anything, and with the water flow going, just like a normal flush post-outing, I let the engine run for about 5 mins or so. Then shut the water off and killed the engine. Disconnected the flush hose and fired it up for 10 - 15 secs and revved quickly to blow out any water.

At this point I think I'm good to go, but wondered if anybody had any ideas about why I received the "Stop Engine. Contact Yamaha Service" error. Possibly software glitch related to the lanyard not being attached initially? Minor obstruction in the engine cooling lines? At the end of last season I flushed the boat really well, so not sure how the lines could have had any obstruction. At this point I'm just trying to explain why I got the error message. Thanks for any input.

I recently was launching the boat and cranked the engine as my sister was backing me down the ramp, expecting to hit the water in about 5-10sec. Midway through, she gets confused, stops, and pulls back up. I finally shut the engine down as I was worried about it getting too hot.

Once I got her to go ahead, I hit the water, cranked it up, and backed off the trailer. Got the same message, figure if it was an over temp, I turned everything off and re-started, still got the message. Called the dealer and the mech there told me to try a few more start cycles and it went away after another go.

How many start cycles have you tried? I think it took 3-4 for the message to go away.

@Smiley, it was on the 3rd cycle that it finally went away and I let the engine run with the flush hose connected for about 5 mins. The 4th cycle I started it up for a few seconds and revved it to blow out any remaining water and didn't see the code then either. So I think I'm in the clear now I just found it odd.

@Smiley, it was on the 3rd cycle that it finally went away and I let the engine run with the flush hose connected for about 5 mins. The 4th cycle I started it up for a few seconds and revved it to blow out any remaining water and didn't see the code then either. So I think I'm in the clear now I just found it odd.
Also just fyi, I just figured this out as well. The boat actually calls for 91 octane, not 93. I used 93 all last season, but I'm all for saving a little change, so I will be using 91 from here on out

Pretty normal when the engine cranks but doesn't fire up due to the lanyard not being installed or if you have the clean out hatch open, etc. Once you go thru the 3-4 start cycles the message goes away.

This is exactly what happened to me today.Same thing I forgot to connect lanyard and try to crank it couple of times.glad to hear that it wasn't just me lol.Glad I found this post.

Back