• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Storage / what goes where?

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What is the collective wisdom on what to put where?

Some thoughts/questions:
- boat-related (tools, cleaning supplies) go port/aft
- second anchor?
- boat fenders/lines wakeboard cubby (somebody said this avoids having to ask people to move from their seats)
- bow cushion -- from the factory it came in the starboard/aft compartment. Is that where it should stay?
- Anchor Shade III -- I bought it but haven't tried to put it any where yet. Where do you keep it?
- the "extra" life jackets that you never use?
- the primary life jackets that you do use. Port console?
- low profile cooler goes under the bench seat. Other coolers/foods go to port console?
- fishing stuff?
- dry uninflated towables, starboard aft?
- what to put in forward/starboard seat? Towels?

Of course I can figure this out by trial and error but interested to learn what others are doing.

Thanks.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We place the tools, extra life vests, extendable dock pole and swim platform umbrella in the ski locker.
second anchor, swim noodles, and additional towels in the starboard aft compartment
boat fenders/lines and fishing stuff ( we can stuff the rods and reels way back on that side" in the port aft compartment
forward port compartment is filled with a dry bag with our snorkel gear and the 18# richter anchor
forward starboard compartment has towels, towels and towels....
the port console compartment is used for our fire extinguisher, and in a milk crate we have the owners manual, service manual, emergency medical kit, solar panel, flares, extra boat and truck keys, usb cables, etc.

We have moved all of these at least 3 times so its going to depend on you and what works for you the nice thing is that the boats have SO much storage we can be picky!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the collective wisdom on what to put where?

Some thoughts/questions:

Of course I can figure this out by trial and error but interested to learn what others are doing.

Thanks.
See my response below.....This has worked well for me so far.....I'm still learning.

1. - boat-related (tools, cleaning supplies) go port/aft
    1. Yeap. All my life jackets are here as well. That is all that you will find in that storage area.
    2. flashlight, fire extinguisher, and jumper cables are found here as well
  2. - second anchor?
    1. Never had a second anchor. I have no idea where (or why) I might store it.
  3. - boat fenders/lines wakeboard cubby (somebody said this avoids having to ask people to move from their seats)
    1. I think this was me. It's worke dout wonderfully. Nobody ever has to move when we dock. Seriously cuts down on the chaos.
  4. - bow cushion -- from the factory it came in the starboard/aft compartment. Is that where it should stay?
    1. I didn't get one of these. I would most likely either leave it installed, or toss it under the bow/starboard seat
  5. - Anchor Shade III -- I bought it but haven't tried to put it any where yet. Where do you keep it?
    1. This only fits in one of two places. bow storage under seat or in the floor "ski locker" storage. Too long to fit in the rear storage. I tuck it under the bow/port cushion kinda "slid" back into the under glove box area.
  6. - the "extra" life jackets that you never use?
    1. These are stuffed up in the port/rear storage. If you check, you can actually go "UP" inside that area behind the rear seats, between the seatbacks for the cockpit and the swim platform. Tons of space in there.
  7. - the primary life jackets that you do use. Port console?
    1. Same port/rear storage. All my vests are there. If we're doing a lot of watersports for the day. Once wet, the good ski vests will end up in the ski locker until they dry out.
  8. - low profile cooler goes under the bench seat. Other coolers/foods go to port console?
    1. Low profile is under the bench for sure. Others either get starboard rear, or ski locker. depending on contents and frequency of access needed. Well typically yank it out of storage, rotate the helm seat, and slide it under the dash when at anchor if we're accessing it a lot. We keep dry snacks in a clear tote under the glove box in that giant area.
  9. - fishing stuff?
    1. We don't fish. I got nothing. @gmtech16450yz did a great mod with some PVC pipe in the ski locker that ran over the fuel tank for rod storage. I'd have to search to find the thread. Very clever idea.
  10. - dry uninflated towables, starboard aft?
    1. Dry or not the uninflated towable goes in the starboard rear compartment. Similar to the life vests you never use, I roll it up tight on the platform once deflated, and slide it back, then rotate and stand it up between the seat backs. Tons of space back there, it sits nicely. I have to take it out to dry though after each outing.
  11. - what to put in forward/starboard seat? Towels?
    1. port forward has floaty things. Blue foam cushions we use to float on at anchor. pool noodle "net" things used to float on. Cheap blow up single person rafts, etc. and the anchorshade
    2. starboard forward has the boys play toys. water guns, goggles, flippers, sand castle stuff, etc. We have a surprisingly large arsenal of super soakers/water guns/etc.
  12. - What goes in the port under glove box storage
    1. Beach bag with towels
    2. dry food snacks in plastic storage bin
    3. towels in plastic storage bin
    4. misc electronics (Wetsounds A-Link, phone chargers, backup GPS), truck keys, and wallets in a sealed dry box
    5. misc safety items - first aid kit, fire extenguisher, etc
  13. - Under the bench
    1. low-pro cooler
    2. shoes/flippers/etc behind the cooler
  14. Glove Box
    1. Phones
    2. music devices if present
Like I said we're still learning. So much storage that there are 1,001 different ways to arrange things. I've really been trying to pay close attention to how often I have to ask people to move to retrieve something, and minimizing that. I've also been paying close attention to how many times I have to answer the question "where is....." and attempting to be consistent with the answer for the wife and the boys. The more often the find th same thing in the same place the easier my life will get. I typically figure out something is in the "wrong" location when I go to look for it and it's not there. I make a mental note to move it there next time. That has been working well for me so far to figure out the most "sensical" locations.

Hope that helps!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bow filler cushion can only fit in the starboard aft compartment. It's too big for the bow compartments and the battery and switch would make it a pain and possibly risk ripping the cushion if you stored it in that compartment so really it can only go one place and probably why its shipped to a new owner sitting in there.

My storage is like this...

Starboard bow:
  • anti pooling poles
  • any misc items from passengers

Port bow:
  • dry life jackets
  • tow mirror

Bow anchor locker:
  • Yamaha "Deluxe" Danforth anchor, chain and rope
Ski locker:
  • 3x Gail Force floats
  • float noodles
  • 4x fenders
  • bungee dock lines
  • snorkel and related gear
  • wet life jackets

Port locker:
  • large Plano clear plastic latching storage container that holds zip ties, flags, emergency flares, whistle, pliers, screw driver, knives, first aid kit, plastic yard sign holder aka "cleanout port weed puller", I keep my wallet and important documents in this box as well
  • fire extinguishers
  • more life jacets
  • towels
  • beach bag
  • sun screen and other misc stuff

Glove box:
  • cell phones
  • car keys
  • cell phone charging cables
  • snacks

Starboard aft storage:
  • large plastic bin that I use to keep any wet items like jackets, ropes, dock lines, towels, whatever. This keeps your carpet from getting wet. Remove entire bin or items when boat is stored.
  • large Plano plastic latching storage container to hold ballast pump and surf rope. This sits inside the larger bin.
  • bow filler cushion
  • Box anchor, line and bag

Port aft storage:
  • ballast bags
  • tools
  • battery and switch
  • onboard charger

Last edited:

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The bow filler cushion can only fit in the starboard aft compartment. It's too big for the bow compartments and the battery and switch would make it a pain and possibly risk ripping the cushion if you stored it in that compartment so really it can only go one place and probably why its shipped to a new owner sitting in there.

My storage is like this...

Starboard bow:
  • anti pooling poles
  • any misc items from passengers

Port bow:
  • dry life jackets
  • tow mirror

Bow anchor locker:
  • Yamaha "Deluxe" Danforth anchor, chain and rope
Ski locker:
  • 3x Gail Force floats
  • float noodles
  • fenders
  • bungee dock lines
  • snorkel and related gear
  • wet life jackets

Port locker:
  • large Plano clear plastic latching storage container that holds zip ties, flags, emergency flares, whistle, pliers, screw driver, knives, first aid kit, plastic yard sign holder aka "cleanout port weed puller", I keep my wallet and important documents in this box as well
  • fire extinguishers
  • more life jacets
  • towels
  • beach bag
  • sun screen and other misc stuff

Glove box:
  • cell phones
  • car keys
  • cell phone charging cables
  • snacks

Starboard aft storage:
  • large plastic bin that I use to keep any wet items like jackets, ropes, dock lines, towels, whatever. This keeps your carpet from getting wet. Remove entire bin or items when boat is stored.
  • large Plano plastic latching storage container to hold ballast pump and surf rope. This sits inside the larger bin.
  • bow filler cushion
  • Box anchor, line and bag

Port aft storage:
  • ballast bags
  • tools
  • battery and switch
  • onboard charger
Thank you for the detailed reply. Very helpful. What is the plastic hard sign holder? One of those things that lawn fertilizer companies use to warn people of just-treated lawn?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the detailed reply. Very helpful. What is the plastic hard sign holder? One of those things that lawn fertilizer companies use to warn people of just-treated lawn?
Yup exactly what they use. With the hook end it can grab clumps of weeds and use it to rake things out of the intake should you ever have to dive underneath. Best of all it floats!

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The video is a good start for ideas but I think its more an exercise in trial and error. Just get all you stuff out there by the boat and start trying to make it fit. Try to keep in mind things you use most need to be most accessible without hassling passengers too much. How and where you stow stuff also depends on what kind of gear you carry to support what you do on/off the water. For example, in the video coolers are stored in the ski locker. That wouldn't work for me since I store skis and large noodles in there. I carry almost as much stuff as Captain Leon and I still have room for more...the boat design is outstanding!