• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Structural damage? 2018 242 limited e serie

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Help me understand. You entrusted your boat to Yamaha and thats the way they returned it? Can I assume that it was clean when you gave it to them?
Dropped clean on sep 2022 with cover on,,,, dealer removed to look at it so no cover till December where yamaha made me get everything from the boat even the cover that was in the storage area so they can ship the boat to factory then 3 months later is back worse than before.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow….

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Even when they fix it their warranty service still sucks. Sorry to see, but, screw it, boat is fixed, you have it back, enjoy it now, trying for them to make it better is an exercise is masochism.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An update on this thread, dropped the boat at the dealership in Sept 2022, Dec 2022 people from yamaha factory found cracks on some glues inside the boat so the boat went to yamaha factory for repair around end of January and beginning of February 2023, so March 2023 factory brought the boat back to the dealership and this is the condition of the boat that #Yamaha factory left it after fixing some structural damage.
I would be PISSED

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dropped clean on sep 2022 with cover on,,,, dealer removed to look at it so no cover till December where yamaha made me get everything from the boat even the cover that was in the storage area so they can ship the boat to factory then 3 months later is back worse than before.
Wow, that's beyond unbelievable.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Do you have any pictures showing the condition of the boat back in September? If not, a good lesson for all of us!

How could Yamaha not have cleaned up after their work and put a shipping cover on it?

What does the dealer have to say about how it was returned? How did it show up worse than when it left?

I hate to play the "lawyer" card.... but if the dealer didn't promise me in writing that the boat would be returned to the condition I left it and the structural items fixed to satisfaction, I would have to think about getting an attorney.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But after all that aggravation how much are you going to get? And how much pain will you have endured?

Accept the dealer service is sh!t, acct accordingly on the future and invest the effort and resources in a spotless boat, win!

Best you are going to get. Why would you let them touch the boat again? They already proved how well they behave. Why let them aggravate you again?

Just my humble opinion. You can't get boat time back ever.

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have any pictures showing the condition of the boat back in September? If not, a good lesson for all of us!

How could Yamaha not have cleaned up after their work and put a shipping cover on it?

What does the dealer have to say about how it was returned? How did it show up worse than when it left?

I hate to play the "lawyer" card.... but if the dealer didn't promise me in writing that the boat would be returned to the condition I left it and the structural items fixed to satisfaction, I would have to think about getting an attorney.
I do have pictures from before.
I don't think Yamaha had the decency to put a shipping cover on, and the dealer was kind of surprised on how it was inside.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I do have pictures from before.
I don't think Yamaha had the decency to put a shipping cover on, and the dealer was kind of surprised on how it was inside.
If your dealer is a good dealer, they would be taking pictures and sending it to their Yamaha Rep and asking for them to get management involved and make things right.

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
No help, sorry, but for the record, same happened to my 2009 Sea Doo Challenger 230 SE, not many questions asked, I got a new boat.
That was in 2012.