• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck in marina with no way out

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Over 30 calls on fb and over 20 on kijiji, and that within only a cpl hrs! Had to send out a mass msg, and take the ad down on kijiji, and still ppl were sending msgs asking to keep them in mind if it fell through.
Now comes the regret for not charging for it. You probably could got have gotten your $500 back out of it. Or at least $100-$200.

Debra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@mdchachi Not even for a second lol :)! No regrets at all, only gratitude.

Truly, I think I just got lucky; the guy wanted the boat despite the probs (just as I did when I bought), but all those other callers? Who knows, we could have been making trip after trip to Peterborough showing it, and nobody committing.

I only had a very short time frame to deal with it, so if there wasn’t a quick turnaround, the next step was to put it online offering a tidy sum of cash and hoping someone with a farmer’s field or something would pick it up. That is, if I didn’t get any kind of resolve from City Hall. I began calling at 9am that morning, and left a number of msgs, never did hear bk from them, though I was told that they had received my msgs; I called as soon as the boat was officially signed over and left a msg that the boat had been dealt with, so they must have received that msg, and no need to call me.

I found only one place in this area that recycles old boats, and they wanted $1,200 plus tax to pick up the boat at the ramp, but I would have had to get the boat across myself. So that was out. I did have a place I could have left the boat at until next Spring so that wasn’t a problem, but there really wasn’t any point in it; better to just take it straight to landfill which charges just under $100 per ton, plus tax. You just roll it off the trailer onto their machine, and it crushes it. That would have been interesting to see!!

Anyway, landfill was a lot cheaper than recycling, and not too bad if I had just had to pay the $300 for the tow across water and trailering it out to the site. I would have been happy with that. But with the guy upping the price last minute, ain’t being able to find someone else, I was completely lost. I’m glad that I don’t have to think that I might have been forced to pay his marked-up fee!

As it is though, I’m very happy, ecstatic even with the way things turned out!!! Huge smiles!! Mega thx for your support through this :) Truly don’t know what would have happened if I hadn’t come in here.