• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck in reverse

Beebermd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out. My 2019 195 is having shifting issues. Ive read everything on iNR stuff. The boat first started leaving me stranded. I would be going and it would just throw a reverse module error and it would turn off. The engine wouldn’t turn over after this. Just dead. Code was u0410. Pretty sure it was seeing the lanyard as disconnected. Bypassed the lanyard switch and still nothing. Flipped the 2 relays in the fuse box and it worked. So I figured the relay was bad. Replaced both with new ones. Now i ended up getting the same error but it doesn’t kill the boat, but it is stuck in reverse. Disconnected the actuator from the cable. Bucket moved freely and the actuator wouldn’t move. Override didn’t move it either. Replaced the relays again, and now it works fine. Not sure where to go from here. I initially was gonna replace the motor in the actuator unit, but I don’t think it’s the issue, as it’s working now and all I did was change the relay. I figured the motor is either going to work or it’s not, probably isn’t going to be an intermittent thing. Code is still u0410. I know this is a common issue, I also know people who have replaced everything and it still doesn’t fix the prob. Dealer is 6 hrs away. Lol. This is happening quite frequently. Every single time it happens I can fix it by disconnecting the battery and changing relays. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Scott Brown

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Can’t resolve the issue, just adding that I have had ghost issues with relays as well

Beebermd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Can’t resolve the issue, just adding that I have had ghost issues with relays as well
Thanks for the feedback. I hate feeling like anytime I take the boat out it may leave me stranded. I’d take it to the dealer but honestly I don’t have much faith they would fix it any better than me. I called them on how to do a manual override and they had no idea what I was talking about. 😔

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like its time to get the Ole Meter out. Something is causing those relays to fail. Bad voltage, voltage spikes, bad ground causing relay chatter. Can you test the bad relays across the contact poles? did it fail shut, or is it still open? I have no idea about the scarab controls honestly, but there are ways to diagnose this issue. Including the fact that you can put a meter in line with a functioning relay and document the voltages running through it. Lots of troubleshooting you can do, Just sucks. nothing worse than electrical gremlins.

Jocko48047

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Did you happen to hit something with your reverse gate? I recently broke my reverse gate support after hitting a concrete seawall that wasn't visible above water. It would not allow me to shift into forward. Couldn't tell it was broken until I started to disassemble and found that the support bracket was broken in several places.

Part Number BRP-0463097.

Jocko48047

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
BRP-0463097

If anyone has any sources that may have this part please let me know. Or if there is an after market part. It is on back order, can't find any dealers that have one in stock.

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
If you still need help I can help just reach out .

SCARAB1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out. My 2019 195 is having shifting issues. Ive read everything on iNR stuff. The boat first started leaving me stranded. I would be going and it would just throw a reverse module error and it would turn off. The engine wouldn’t turn over after this. Just dead. Code was u0410. Pretty sure it was seeing the lanyard as disconnected. Bypassed the lanyard switch and still nothing. Flipped the 2 relays in the fuse box and it worked. So I figured the relay was bad. Replaced both with new ones. Now i ended up getting the same error but it doesn’t kill the boat, but it is stuck in reverse. Disconnected the actuator from the cable. Bucket moved freely and the actuator wouldn’t move. Override didn’t move it either. Replaced the relays again, and now it works fine. Not sure where to go from here. I initially was gonna replace the motor in the actuator unit, but I don’t think it’s the issue, as it’s working now and all I did was change the relay. I figured the motor is either going to work or it’s not, probably isn’t going to be an intermittent thing. Code is still u0410. I know this is a common issue, I also know people who have replaced everything and it still doesn’t fix the prob. Dealer is 6 hrs away. Lol. This is happening quite frequently. Every single time it happens I can fix it by disconnecting the battery and changing relays. Any thoughts would be appreciated
I have a 2020 255 Open and learned of the INR failures after my purchase. My motors have 15 hours on them and the INR has been the route causes for just about every Scarab with this system. Rotax sub contracted the part and from all accounts has known for years it was a problem! They have caused huge hardship for many customers. I am in the process of gathering owners that wish to be involved with a company fix through a class action suit. If you wish to be involved contact me at Sailortrawler@gmail.com for details.