• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuck on AR240 port bow speaker wire route

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for any tips on routing speaker wire from the port side bow speakers on a (2018) AR240. These will eventually terminate at the helm. Once I get to the port aft bench seat compartment (battery area) I’ll be home free. There is an easy clear path from the existing speaker hole to the head compartment. From the head area and trying to continue down the port side, my wire fish gets blocked part way. I’ve tried up, down, and all around (as best I can anyway with the wire fish) and cannot seem to get through.

Second question. Drilling 5” holes for swim deck speakers. I planned on not trimming down the corner back cushions for more space, so obviously… it’s tight. I’m debating back and forth on using a 5” hole saw or a Dremel with a ton of cut bits. Can’t really screw this one up. Thoughts?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking for any tips on routing speaker wire from the port side bow speakers on a (2018) AR240. These will eventually terminate at the helm. Once I get to the port aft bench seat compartment (battery area) I’ll be home free. There is an easy clear path from the existing speaker hole to the head compartment. From the head area and trying to continue down the port side, my wire fish gets blocked part way. I’ve tried up, down, and all around (as best I can anyway with the wire fish) and cannot seem to get through.

Second question. Drilling 5” holes for swim deck speakers. I planned on not trimming down the corner back cushions for more space, so obviously… it’s tight. I’m debating back and forth on using a 5” hole saw or a Dremel with a ton of cut bits. Can’t really screw this one up. Thoughts?
I used a hole saw, as long as you use painters tape, cut in reverse (or at least start in reverse), and obviously start in the right spot. It was very easy, I even used a 9” hole saw and that worked well also, the 5” was a little easier to handle. The first time it’s nerve racking and after that it’s easy. A shop vac running or two when cutting really cuts down on the dust.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for any tips on routing speaker wire from the port side bow speakers on a (2018) AR240. These will eventually terminate at the helm.
Have you tried running the wires across the bow to starboard and then back? That is how the wires go in the 2010-2013 24’, I assume your model is the same.

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also went around the bow. I was able to stuff it between the hulls in the anchor locker.

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR250, so not sure if similar. However, for the port bow speaker, I went along the port side and back across the front of the engine bay. Try as I might, I was having trouble routing around the bow. I used a straight fiberglass fish instead of the flexible one and it took a minute to route it it to the engine bay.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Run the wires past the anchor locker. There’s already a hole there to run the wires. Trust me 70821209723__AA29AF7E-667F-42A5-A107-A83189FE500F.jpeg