• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Student loan forgiveness....

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Instead of paying off debt for people who put it on them selves by their own decision, why not help people with major medical debt from things like cancer treatments and the like. They didnt decide to incur this debt. Another obvious example of vote buying and screwing hard working, tax paying Americans. Cant wait for the impending IRS audits

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Instead of paying off debt for people who put it on them selves by their own decision, why not help people with major medical debt from things like cancer treatments and the like. They didnt decide to incur this debt. Another obvious example of vote buying and screwing hard working, tax paying Americans. Cant wait for the impending IRS audits
There's a hundred better things to do with my money. When are people just going to be done with this illegal and immoral taxation? Those 86,000 agents are going to have a lot of work to do!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes but 2 wrongs don't make a right. It's OK to think Both can be egregious, and both were wrong.

Any mass injection with no value created is inflationary by definition. At least when invested to fix roads or buy firefighting equipment we get value out of it for everyone, and at least PPP had clear terms from the start. This is rewarding those that picked wrong. While those that paid on time got nothing.

Why is it needs based and only to pay bsck loans? The guy that paid back loans and has mortgage isn't in the same boat? Just seems arbitrary to reward bad choices or favor a sliver of population is my complaint.
Totally agree and I’m not in favor of this program or any bailout for any person or business aside from the truly helpless.

We need to let people and businesses fail when they act irresponsibly or they’ll just keep acting more irresponsibly.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mr. President, I signed this paper for a boat. I didn't understand what I was reading. Can you please pay it off and I can keep it and play with it?

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Paid around $6000 for my sons tools for his career as an automotive technitian...am I getting that back?
He's providing a valuable service...much more than some barista with a liberal arts degree in my opinion. 1661703751820.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Paid around $6000 for my sons tools for his career as an automotive technitian...am I getting that back?
He's providing a valuable service...much more than some barista with a liberal arts degree in my opinion. View attachment 186973
You only get the Harbor Freight value as forgiveness, not the Snap-On.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to be clear, they are not eliminating the student loan debt. They are simply transferring it to those who don't owe it. Always watch the government when they are pointing to one person's pocket, because they likely are distracting you from the hand they have in your pocket.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PPP certainly was a major cause to inflation. Lot's of fake businesses were set up and people took all sorts of loans that were forgiven. They catch them every now and then, usually because they went out and bought a Ferrari. That was real money being printed and handed out for free.

On the forgiveness end - this is money already not being paid and already saved in consumers pockets. The effect on inflation will be minimal and spread out over years (unlike $100,000 to support "Joe's JetBoat Lower Unit & Prop Repair")

The easy fix here is instead of spending the billions on student loan forgiveness, we hire some people to check in on all the PPP loans, and throw asses in prison forever to fraudsters.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We kinds got derailed in another threD, but I think the biggest issues are twofold.

1) The income.limits are insane. Median income.for the US, no cost of living adjustments, that'd be reasonable. The limits they set are a love letter to the highly paid but in debt crowd that want us shmucks to buy their teslas.

2) Does nothing to address the clearly low value of many college educations. In fact, it does the opposite because it establishes a precedent.

Beyond all that (theres literally at leat 20 great reasons its a terrible idea, unless your goal is to get "worst presodent of all time" on your resume), it legally cannot happen. The President does not have that legal.authority, and congress has to do it. The Supreme Court will strike that shit down in an instant, rightly so. So in the end, it will just be a pitiful hot button, something the Ds and Rs can endlessly preach about to get us to.donateorr of.our money to their campaigns, and rile.up their bases. I would t be surprised if an anonymous staffer leaks that they're going to stop it shortly before midterm elections to try to drive that vote purchase home.

I also think it's going to catastrophically fail to help the Ds. Every sane person knows this is a horroble.idea, even if they might benefit. It's turned a ton of.moderates against them, and even some of my.liberal friends off. They fall into 2 camps, either the "I paid mine off by living frugal while young and now that I got.it over with you want to pull this crap?" crowd, or the "I make too much to qualify but I have to pay into this crap for people who make.slightly.less than me?" crowd.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trying to buy votes...plain and simple!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Per the stats, a $10k to $20k forgiveness package is going to help a lot of people. I think they are writing about people trying to earn their undergraduate or trade school diplomas. $20k would not cover one semester at a private law school or even UC Berkeley.

FYI - graduate school at a UC costs just as much if not more than a private school like USC, Brown, Etc.

the above was true over 20 years ago, it has not gotten any better/less expensive.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is nonsense to be honest...
That's how I feel about new members stirring up old controversially threads, and not posting a single thing about boats first.