• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

"Stuff" leaking from wake tower onto my mooring cover....

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got up this morning and opened the shades out front with my 242 in the driveway. Saw white crap on the cover and thought a bird parked on the wake tower and shit on my new mooring cover. Went out for a closer look and luckily it wasn't poop. Almost looks like calcium deposits. I climbed up on the side and there are spots all over the cover.

Weird thing is it didn't rain last night. Must be from dew but I have no idea what the deal is. The mooring cover is brand new and I've only had it on a couple nights. There are white spots in places on the metal tower. Check out the pictures.

Has anyone seen something like this?IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like aluminum corrosion juice. Maybe you just changed the angle of boat or tower and now the water that’s been trapped in there all off season is coming out?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like aluminum corrosion juice. Maybe you just changed the angle of boat or tower and now the water that’s been trapped in there all off season is coming out?
Has to be, just never noticed and residue before. Will keep an eye on it I guess.