• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stupid tower speaker question

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm sure it's just something I'm not doing but I can't get any significant sound from the tower speakers on my '16 215 Scarab. Just a trickle of bass. Tried adjusting the fader. Do have the dash switch flipped up. Quickly checked the wiring under the dash and the amps...o_O

Attachments

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Low pass filter setting on the amps? Quick guess...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tower speakers are screwed up on these boats. They pull voltage from your front left speakers. This makes them be overwhelmed by the boats regular speakers, and you can barley hear them from behind. I wish I had better news to give you, but to fix this you have to reconfigure your setup.

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone know which amp powers what? The tower speakers used to work but now don't so either I've screwed up the settings in the stereo itself or something has changed. If I could find out which amp does what I could try some trial and error... thx

ToddK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 255 and there is a separate switch to turn the tower and rear swim platforms speakers on. They do delay a few sec before they turn on. The fader does not work with the tower speakers. Not sure if that helps

Todd

Yoki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are tower speakers worth the $$ from the Scarab setup or is aftermarket speakers/amp the way to go?