• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stuttering starboard engine

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for a jumping off point for troubleshooting. I have a 2017 242 E series that drops RPM on the starboard engine on the first hole shot. The engines fire right up and it runs flawlessly in no wake mode for about 15 minutes to get out of the channel. The first time I get it up on plane, the starboard engine will drop about 1000RPM for a second, and then recover. This usually happens two or three times in the first minute, and then will not be seen for the rest of our trip. It does not happen if it is used on a daily basis, but we usually have a week or two between outings and then it happens EVERY time. My first thought was bad fuel, but it has been refilled numerous times and always with ethanol free. Both pumps have been checked for obstructions and they are clear. I don't know enough about the E-series throttle sync to rule out an electronics/computer issue. Any thoughts or troubleshooting ideas are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going to ask same question..

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They were changed last spring. I didn't think about them as it is such an intermittent problem. I got a new set to put in and will see what we get.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would change them out and see if there’s any change. Cheap and easy enough.