• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer Orientation

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does it really matter what direction the subwoofer is facing? This is a JL Powerwedge (10in). I can either stand it up or lay it down, I can also push it further towards the back of the boat. Curious if it really makes any difference?

Attachments

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well today I tried it in a few different locations and really couldnt tell any differnce, so decided to mount it here to keep away from any leaks coming through bilge or pissers.

Attachments

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think for the most part bass is omni directional, so our ears cant preceive the source nearly as well.

I have 1 of my 2 12s under the seat and as long as you properly vent it, you will be happy.

Do you have it vented? I cant tell where its locsted but when u open the seat you should be able to see increased output...a vent would get 90% of the bass into the cabin.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It's not currently vented but I was considering it. Does it matter where the vent is? Also where can I get a vent?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its probably best to have it as close to the sub as possible.

There are a few options for vents, some are made of plastic, some use speaker grills, I bought a pair online that are super nice and made from starboard, and even when kicked will not dent or cause damage.

I have an extra that I bought to put on, but the area I need is larger, so I am gonna have a custom vent made from starboard, if you want the extra I have I will sell for what I paid., PM me if interested.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its probably best to have it as close to the sub as possible.

There are a few options for vents, some are made of plastic, some use speaker grills, I bought a pair online that are super nice and made from starboard, and even when kicked will not dent or cause damage.

I have an extra that I bought to put on, but the area I need is larger, so I am gonna have a custom vent made from starboard, if you want the extra I have I will sell for what I paid., PM me if interested.
can u post a pic of ur vent, and brand and where u got hit from?
Thank u

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good, prob sounds better now!!

Same vent I had installed.