• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer Questions

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey to all!
I've bypassed my wetsounds amp in my 2019 Yamaha 242X as it wasn't working. I have an underpowered Kicker that at least worked but now looking to make it work well. Could someone tell me what power amp the stock sub would need to come alive?

Thank you !

Also, if anyone has one for sale interested in that as well - Thanks

What kind of sub is it? Do you have the specs? I’d start there.

It’s the OEM WetSounds Sub. I’d have to pull it to figure it out. Didn’t know if someone knew the stock specs

You’ll need to get the wattage so you know how strong of an amp to buy. If all you want to do is power the sub, you can buy a monoblock amp. Loads of the choice but the best (IMO) are JL Audio and Wetsounds. Just make sure it’s marine-rated.

It’s the OEM WetSounds Sub. I’d have to pull it to figure it out. Didn’t know if someone knew the stock specs

I'm pretty sure it's a 4ohm Revo 10inch Free Air. At least it was on my 2019 242SE. X model SHOULD be the same.

I have a kicker KTXM 400.2 400w RMS - for sale that may work. Dm me if interested

Back