• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer

Miamisigns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a subwoofer on there FSH 190?

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have two on my 210........one on either side of the helm

Tom1963

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a subwoofer on there FSH 190?
Hi
I’m taking delivery of a leftover 2017 FSH 190
And plan to add an amp to the head unit and install a 6.5” sub.
I’m thinking of putting it in the recessed storage area below the radio facing aft.
Haven’t really investigated but looks ok from my pictures.

Tom1963

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi
I’m taking delivery of a leftover 2017 FSH 190
And plan to add an amp to the head unit and install a 6.5” sub.
I’m thinking of putting it in the recessed storage area below the radio facing aft.
Haven’t really investigated but looks ok from my pictures.
I installed the 6.5” sub and an amp.
A sheet metal backer plate gave stability to the plastic wall of the storage bin to support the weight of the sub.

Hope this helps people.

Attachments

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Heres a pic of my subwoofer setup
I am running 3 sets of jl audio m770's, 2 10" jl audio subs, and 2 jl audio m880 tower speakers mounted on the t top. Powered by 2 jl audio amps
It is extremely loud!!

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Heres a pic of my subwoofer setup
I am running 3 sets of jl audio m770's, 2 10" jl audio subs, and 2 jl audio m880 tower speakers mounted on the t top. Powered by 2 jl audio amps
It is extremely loud!!
Hell of a set up, Love it!!! Couple questions, how did you run the cables to the cones on the T Top? I'm getting ready to run wire thru the T Top and wondering if there is hollow tubing to reach the bow side of the T Top.
Was it hard to get the hot wires to the LED speakers on the bow?

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Being that the t top is in sections and even the factory nav light wiring is in and out of the t top i decided to run everything in some white split loom down the inside of the stbd front t top support. Then made a hole into the helm area just below one of the horizontal t top supports, i can get you some more detailed pics later this week when i go back to the marina. The t tops are hollow but where they join together is not so rather than drill a bunch of holes in and out at every transition point i opted to keep it all outside of it. One nice thing is you can run any wires you need to get to the opposing side of the ttop by just following the strap that runs around the perimeter of the ttop cover. As far as running wires up to the bow it was very easy
All of my cupholders have been replaced with blue led ones so i just basically daisy chained them all together, final connection comes back into the helm area from the port side and its pretty wide open down there to fish a wire and make the connections

NaughtySailor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being that the t top is in sections and even the factory nav light wiring is in and out of the t top i decided to run everything in some white split loom down the inside of the stbd front t top support. Then made a hole into the helm area just below one of the horizontal t top supports, i can get you some more detailed pics later this week when i go back to the marina. The t tops are hollow but where they join together is not so rather than drill a bunch of holes in and out at every transition point i opted to keep it all outside of it. One nice thing is you can run any wires you need to get to the opposing side of the ttop by just following the strap that runs around the perimeter of the ttop cover. As far as running wires up to the bow it was very easy
All of my cupholders have been replaced with blue led ones so i just basically daisy chained them all together, final connection comes back into the helm area from the port side and its pretty wide open down there to fish a wire and make the connections
When you put your subs in the side of the console, did you reinforce he back side? I’m about to add a sub or two and was curious about hitting waves with the sub hanging on and torquing the fiberglass. Thanks.

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No i did not, i did use a lighted ring behind the speaker, but did not reinforce from the backside. I did not have any issues and both were still tight at the end of the season
However, that wouldnt be a terrible idea, and being how accessible they are, very easy to add.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No i did not, i did use a lighted ring behind the speaker, but did not reinforce from the backside. I did not have any issues and both were still tight at the end of the season
However, that wouldnt be a terrible idea, and being how accessible they are, very easy to add.
Hey buddy, since you have been opening several holes for your subs and such. Did you have to expand any holes that were already existing? I am installing new LED cup holders and the existing holes are 1/4" too small, is the best way to expand the holes with a jigsaw?

Lawrence Gill Jr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey buddy, since you have been opening several holes for your subs and such. Did you have to expand any holes that were already existing? I am installing new LED cup holders and the existing holes are 1/4" too small, is the best way to expand the holes with a jigsaw?
Something as small as a 1/4” i would use a dremel, or a multi tool with a small blade and make a bunch of small straight cuts to create a circle. I used the multi tool to open up the existing holes to accomodate my speakers as well as making fresh holes that werent there. I feel i have more control with the multi tool as it only vibrates rather than spins
Just my 2cents

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Something as small as a 1/4” i would use a dremel, or a multi tool with a small blade and make a bunch of small straight cuts to create a circle. I used the multi tool to open up the existing holes to accomodate my speakers as well as making fresh holes that werent there. I feel i have more control with the multi tool as it only vibrates rather than spins
Just my 2cents
Man thank you for your input. what the heck is a multi tool?