• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sucked in a couple rocks, what know?

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We backed in to close to shore and sucked in some gravel. Hopefully just a couple pebbles. My women was driving boat when I was getting trailer. She said an alarm went off and one engine would not go. She tried starting and reverse then just used one engine to load. Once on trailer I checked clean outs and could not feel anything. What should I do? boat is at home. Can I hook a hose to the clean out connector it and try it and see if all is ok? Hope nothing got damaged.
Need some advice please. New Yamaha owner

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check again through cleanouts, intakes (bottom), and inside the venturi nozzles (lift the bucket of the steering nozzle) - there maybe something lodged in between the impeller and the wear ring.
May need to pull the pump if there is something stuck that you can not remove and/or visible damage.

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
she was to close to shore while you were getting the trailer or earlier in the day you sucked up some rocks?

Have you tried to start it yet? if not could she have just gotten flustered and maybe it wasn't in neutral when she was trying to start it? You normally wouldn't get an alarm until the engine is running, was it running and then shut down?

I wouldn't worry to much about it, you can look in the FAQ for how to pull the pumps, it's an easy job but maybe just a visual and then bump the starter to see if it turns for you and then run it on the hose if it cranks freely.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Brad Dunn and what kind of boat do you have? update your profile screen with you boat and location,

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok thanks for info We have a 2016 242 x and ill update profile when I can. Great boat but a couple nagging issues. the err on speedo that makes pre set speed settings useless. We have lost our front speakers, rear swimdeck speakers, and tower speakers.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok thanks for info We have a 2016 242 x and ill update profile when I can. Great boat but a couple nagging issues. the err on speedo that makes pre set speed settings useless. We have lost our front speakers, rear swimdeck speakers, and tower speakers.
Sounds like you are having CONNEXT problems...especially the speed thing. Need to advise the dealer and schedule it to take in. I am waiting til the end of the season, but my dealer already knows, and it is the 3rd time it will be in for that. There are several others....the more we report these the better chance they will take them serious.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We backed in to close to shore and sucked in some gravel. Hopefully just a couple pebbles. My women was driving boat when I was getting trailer. She said an alarm went off and one engine would not go. She tried starting and reverse then just used one engine to load. Once on trailer I checked clean outs and could not feel anything. What should I do? boat is at home. Can I hook a hose to the clean out connector it and try it and see if all is ok? Hope nothing got damaged.
Need some advice please. New Yamaha owner
Just pulled mine because I sucked a golf ball size rock that actually stopped the motor...IMG_0935.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well when you have a break in boating, perhaps the coming winter, I'd have the impellers refurbished at Impros. You can still boat with them but may have cavitation. An alternative is to buy new OEM impellers and still have these refurbished. Another option is to buy new Solas impellers which are better than stock.

If the shafts and impellers spin without restrictions then you have nothing else to worry about.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks, I figured it out, There was a rock jammed in the reverse gate. They are not manual on the 242 x so the bucket was stuck and caused a drive code and would not let that engine rev up.

t.gordon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got a 2016 242 Limited S eseries. Did the same thing. Had to use the manual over ride and knock the crap out of the bucket to get it down. I did ding the port impellar and had it replaced.

Connext issue: speed err when using the drive control. They replaced the port tach on my boat and it fixed it. That was September 2016. I had the boat in because the port motor shut down and would not fire in June 2017. They replaced both tachs. Working like a charm now.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've got a 2016 242 Limited S eseries. Did the same thing. Had to use the manual over ride and knock the crap out of the bucket to get it down. I did ding the port impellar and had it replaced.

Connext issue: speed err when using the drive control. They replaced the port tach on my boat and it fixed it. That was September 2016. I had the boat in because the port motor shut down and would not fire in June 2017. They replaced both tachs. Working like a charm now.
Manual overide ? Do you mean manually move gate with hand. Or is there another way. Thanks

t.gordon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The big black box in front off the helm is the way you manually override the gate. Take the cover off of it and there are two lever things to push/pull. I read this in the operators manual after trying to do it in the water. The box has two or four wing nuts/bolts you take out.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Check the wires on ur speakers half of mine where undone... stupid floppy clip things.