• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sugar Sand controls ?????

Jack retired

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do not understand all the buttons and breakers yet....any literature or info ? The circuit breakers have a black button that if held operate a sump pump........is this an emergency pump? Only works if you hold the spring loaded button.....hmmmm and the the other switch has two positions and operates two other pumps......is there an auto sump with a float switch ????? Nav light inop....bulb good..... no power there up front at wires..........is there NO SUPPORT for these boats ?Should I sell it? Frustrating ! grrrrrrr Lol

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
No support because they went out of business in 08, if your on facebook there is a group, Sugar Sand Boats, that has a lot of owners with early Tango's that would be more familiar with the controls then I am. My Mirage is an 03, not sure how similar the controls are but it does use both a manual switch plus auto float on the bilge as for the nav light do you have a row of black buttons above the switches? If so they are circuit breakers in place of fuses

Jack retired

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks so much.........selling this boat for a Yamaha !

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
thanks so much.........selling this boat for a Yamaha !
LOL The SugarSand's were good boats in their day, many still are but they are getting old. My Mirage is still great, it better be, new long block last year and impeller and wear ring this year. My son has a o7 Tango 240 that will still break 62 MPH on GPS but he is wanting a Yamaha also.

Jack retired

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
fucking boats are like women, can't live with them or without them, can't kill them............"BRING ON ANOTHER THOUSAND" B O A T...........Just need to move south out of winter zone to boat and fly all year long !!!!!!! I used to Live in Peoria, now in Michigan, lots of water !

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Yeah, I need to move south, I'll be 73 in a couple of weeks and winter gets harder to put up with each year. My wife can't retire for a couple years yet but then I think we are out of here, boating near year round sounds fantastic