• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sugar Sand Ladder Engineering Fail

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I started a thread in the Member Tips and Ideas forum called “Windline Ladder Steps Hurt!” Upon further investigation, this isn’t a Windline issue, but a Sugar Sand issue. With the winter covers off my Mirage, I found that as the ladder angles out from below the swim platform to clear the jet drive, the steps are also at an angle, so you’re stepping on the front “edge” of the step. THIS is why they’re so painful. I contacted Windline and they said this was a custom design by the boat builder and not a design approved by them. I thought I might try cutting the steps off and welding them back on parallel to the water, or fabricating custom angled step treads, but before I tear into this, has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps even addressed the issue?

Itmightwork

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a Searayder, mine attached to the top of the swim platform. I see where you are coming from though.