• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sugar Sand Mirage 120 spotet

Bill Eager

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Owned since new, cracked the exhaust manifold 5 years ago, took out the power head, replaced the power head, blew #1 cylinder at 1.5 years, got it fixed, blew #3 cylinder.
From what the rebuild place is telling me it is lean or timing. we checked everything the first time, carbs, timing, everything was good as is. Second time I put new reeds in just to make sure. The only change was the power head everything else bolted up. Does anyone have any idea why I am having this issue with the rebuilt power heads. Everything looks good, what am I missing?????