• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sugar Sand problem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
My 2003 sugar sand with mercury V6 175hp
motor runs great when out of the water, but when in the water it idles fine, and at slow speeds it is fine, but chugs and won't speed up when throttling up. Any advice or suggestions on what could be the problem, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Start with the simple stuff. Sparkplugs and old gas are typically the culprits when the motor runs fine out of the water but not when under load. Especially this time of year.

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Years ago I had a seadoo challenger 2000 with the merc 240 motor, had the same excact symptoms - I could only go 5-7mp on the water...that was a long ride back to the dock. Ended up being the fuel injectors, they had to pull them and send them out to be cleaned, then it ran like new.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Start with the simple stuff. Sparkplugs and old gas are typically the culprits when the motor runs fine out of the water but not when under load. Especially this time of year.
It's not that, new fuel this spring, spark plugs just replaced. Was running great first couple of times out this year