• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Suggested Mods for a 2010 AR240

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Jetboaters,
Looking to learn from your experience and ideas. If you had a stock Yamaha 2010 AR240 what modifications would you suggest to the boat that you've found valuable. Also, curious as to what suggested "boat toys" the community finds great as well. For background, on the toys think of kids aged 11-14. Thanks for your suggestions as always.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Different boat, but you can read through my mods in the link in my signature. If you’re new to boating, I catalogued pretty much everything I’ve bought as far as supplies and projects there.

I think my favorite (and sort of qualifies as your “toy” request), is the onboard air inflator. I I just attach my 6’ hose to the outlet near the stock stern light socket, and have the kids flip the switch at the helm. We use it to blow up the tube and also the inflatable island. So much nicer to not have to drag the full tube all day. We blow it up, get all of the tubing out of the way then deflate and we’re on to other activities.

I need to get some more pics of that install and the led lights. My wiring job is a little messy, so I wanted to tidy that up a bit before posting it. Haven’t gotten around to it, yet.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh, and got a grill for Christmas!! Looking forward to fewer ham sandwiches this summer! :) I plan to mount on the bow like several others have done.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our family has 2010 AR240. we bought new, guessing at about 200 hrs with short chicago summer.

1. Run Stabil Marine in your gas tank, keeps things running well, especially for storage (lots of right ups)
2. If your kids or friends are going to wakeboard or surf, or wife drive and pull you. A good cruise control keeps everybody happy on the boat Hydrophase Ridesteady cruise control system is simply amazing
3. Tubes are great, we started with 2 round ones (store easy, fill easy), larger chair type tubes nice too but take up a lot of space (we trailer everywhere)
4. The steering fins do help and are worth it. I currently have thrust vectors, but am looking to upgrade to thrust vector wake.
5. Lateral thrusters, don't have yet but on my personal upgrade list, makes boat easier to operate at low speed for everyone
6. Keel guard
7. dual battery, system, safety and reliability
8. Bluetooth module, connects your phone wireless to radio, we use MPOW unit $20
9. Sea deck, much better than carpet, but expensive.
10. Second bilge pump with float built in, I connected direct to battery.

Add your location, people nearby may be able to help.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure your oil cooler bolts aren't cracked -loose
I'm on phone but search for the link

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our family has 2010 AR240. we bought new, guessing at about 200 hrs with short chicago summer.

1. Run Stabil Marine in your gas tank, keeps things running well, especially for storage (lots of right ups)
2. If your kids or friends are going to wakeboard or surf, or wife drive and pull you. A good cruise control keeps everybody happy on the boat Hydrophase Ridesteady cruise control system is simply amazing
3. Tubes are great, we started with 2 round ones (store easy, fill easy), larger chair type tubes nice too but take up a lot of space (we trailer everywhere)
4. The steering fins do help and are worth it. I currently have thrust vectors, but am looking to upgrade to thrust vector wake.
5. Lateral thrusters, don't have yet but on my personal upgrade list, makes boat easier to operate at low speed for everyone
6. Keel guard
7. dual battery, system, safety and reliability
8. Bluetooth module, connects your phone wireless to radio, we use MPOW unit $20
9. Sea deck, much better than carpet, but expensive.
10. Second bilge pump with float built in, I connected direct to battery.

Add your location, people nearby may be able to help.
Thanks again for the list. 1,3,4,6-10 done. +Oil cooler refresh including new gaskets. Adding in soundproofing and Audio system next, then wake surfing mods.