• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Suggestions for HU in the 19’ boats?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for a good inexpensive head unit for my SX190. I installed some JL audio speakers today and noticed I am not getting any sound out of the speakers on the right side of the boat.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t know if I could slip that one past the wife.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uhhh.. Lol I bought the fusion 750 with the internal iPod dock. I spent more than I should. Fusion has some radios that are much cheaper. And they work seamlessly with any Garmin plotter

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uhhh.. Lol I bought the fusion 750 with the internal iPod dock. I spent more than I should. Fusion has some radios that are much cheaper. And they work seamlessly with any Garmin plotter
Do you still need an amp? Or is this unit good enough to push 4 JL audio speakers?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If u wanna hear it while moving u will need an amp... I put the Kenwood 600 amp everyone here talks about and it brought that thing to life

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If u wanna hear it while moving u will need an amp... I put the Kenwood 600 amp everyone here talks about and it brought that thing to life
How is the Bluetooth range on the fusion head units. I am slowly talking myself into one.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the fusion I’m looking at says with Bluetooth, does that mean I have to buy another part to make it Bluetooth capable?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure. I bought mine in 2015.. They could have changed a bit. Mine is blue tooth compatable. I just need to buy an attachment for it. 20 ish bucks of I remember. The new ones could have blue tooth installed already.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fusion Ra- 70 no adapter needed for Bluetooth 2 zones and sub control adjustment .I have been happy with it.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fusion Ra- 70 no adapter needed for Bluetooth 2 zones and sub control adjustment .I have been happy with it.
How is the range on the Bluetooth?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Are you buying because the speakers don't work? Are you 100% sure the head unit is the problem?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you buying because the speakers don't work? Are you 100% sure the head unit is the problem?
Yes I went through all the settings on the HU and checked all the wires to make sure they were hooked up correctly. I have sound on the left side of the boat, but not on the right side. It is a Pyle HU paired with JL audio 6.5s the JL audios are brand new. I was hoping to make the Pyle last for a bit.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my 08 it had the original head unit in it when I got it. Don't remember the brand. It was a "marine" radio... Meaning it was a normal radio with all the vent holes that had a thin clear plastic liner over the top of the holes on the top side only... I guess that sheet makes it a marine radio. Fusion radios ate marine radios.. I have been nothing but impressed with mine. Now that I put this little amp on it it a smiling all the time.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes I went through all the settings on the HU and checked all the wires to make sure they were hooked up correctly. I have sound on the left side of the boat, but not on the right side. It is a Pyle HU paired with JL audio 6.5s the JL audios are brand new. I was hoping to make the Pyle last for a bit.
Ah Pyle... it makes sense now lol

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my 08 it had the original head unit in it when I got it. Don't remember the brand. It was a "marine" radio... Meaning it was a normal radio with all the vent holes that had a thin clear plastic liner over the top of the holes on the top side only... I guess that sheet makes it a marine radio. Fusion radios ate marine radios.. I have been nothing but impressed with mine. Now that I put this little amp on it it a smiling all the time.
I have done a lot of research and keep coming back to the fusion. I don’t want to spend money on something that’s only going to last a couple of months and than have to go through the hassle of returning it. I don’t need a lot of features, because I will mainly be using Bluetooth thru my phone.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score