• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Supports for cover

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m wondering if anyone from colder climates has some experience in making some braces for under the shipping cover to keep the weight of the snow from sagging the cover during winter storage.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Before you try to reinvent the wheel, check out Amazon. Search boat cover support poles. There are bunches of items to select from and you may find exactly what you are looking for. I have also seen people inflate giant beach balls, but the air will eventually go away, good short term ideas.

oakley24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I started playing around with some ideas. Got this drain from Home Depot for $10 for a base. I added a piece of 1 1/2" pvc. I am just trying to figure out how to finish the top part to maybe spread out the weight a little better. I'm planning on figuring it out this weekend, will update if I come up with anything

20221024_162011.jpg20221024_162038.jpg

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the support poles from my mooring cover but when I put the shipping cover on there are some areas the sag and I’m sure I’ll has issue when the snow starts piling up

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just had mine shrink-wrapped yesterday, and they used a 2x4 standing up about a foot higher than the windshield tied to all 4 cleats to hold it up straight. They wrapped a ball of scrap plastic around the end of it so it doesn't tear through. I thought they'd use my Yamaha cover support straps, but he wanted to get more pitch for the snow to slide off.

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just had mine shrink-wrapped yesterday, and they used a 2x4 standing up about a foot higher than the windshield tied to all 4 cleats to hold it up straight. They wrapped a ball of scrap plastic around the end of it so it doesn't tear through. I thought they'd use my Yamaha cover support straps, but he wanted to get more pitch for the snow to slide off.
Didn't want the expense of a shrink wrap so was hoping for another option to use the shipping cover with a little more support

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, wasn’t saying to use shrink wrap, but just to use the 2x4 and rope idea and set it at the height you need to take out the slack In your cover.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Didn't want the expense of a shrink wrap so was hoping for another option to use the shipping cover with a little more support
I use the shipping cover too. What I did was build a 2x4 support for the tower so the weight is off the cables, and a 2x4 booster box for the cabin support pole to raise it about 8 inches to support the cover. Then I put a basic tarp over the cover to protect the cover from the elements and UV damage. I put the boat away a couple weeks ago and the shipping cover still looks and feels like new.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
How did your pole construction come out for the cover?

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It didn't,before I got a chance to attempt it my neighbour took my boat and put it in his warehouse for the winter, best neighbour ever!