• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfable wake?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here’s 11mph in the 2020 212S, no ballast except for wife and daughter. Is this surfable on a rope?
6097DD28-2403-4331-88A1-0ED7D46807FA.jpeg

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Anything is “surfable”with a rope, but you wouldn’t get any push from that unless your weigh like 90 lbs.

You’re up in Point right? How’s the water temps up that way?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Anything is “surfable”with a rope, but you wouldn’t get any push from that unless your weigh like 90 lbs.

You’re up in Point right? How’s the water temps up that way?
I’ll have to lose 100lbs! 64f today. I’m going to jump on the wakeboard tomorrow. Wish me luck!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wake surfing on that wave.
If you go out on that wave with a surfboard, just start pre-paying your credit card. As it's a sickness that takes only a few minutes to justify spending thousands!

Boards, Ballast, wake shaping devices, beer, they all cost money, and will be 100% justified with 15 minutes of surfing with a rope. All to just chase the dream of the ropeless surf. And in our minds, we all tell ourselves, "hey, at least I didn't spend $250K on a Mastercraft or Nautique"