• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfboard Help!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I have a CWB Ride that we got on overtons for a deal just to check out to see of we liked it. We are hooked, so my next question is what board would be good for the following folks. Bear in mind I plan on adding 1500 lbs of temp ballast to the boat in the offseason...

Me, 6'4" and 205. Would love to go ropeless, what do I get? What type of,board?

My girls, 8 and 10 and around 100 lbs. want to get them up surfing, ropeless will probably happen easy for them.

I really don't want to break the bank on boards. Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hyperlite Broadcast
Hyperlite Shim
are two boards that I hear mentioned a lot....

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. Any specific kid sized boards?

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't figured that out yet.

I will say this. I'm never buying another board that I have not personally tested first. I'd rather pay retail and buy from a dealership that let's me ride the board first than buy one and save a few bucks on eBay only to find that I don't like the board.

I personally rode the Shim behind the Malibu I test drove, and it was awesome! I like it way better than my current Inland Surfer. Everyone I've talked to says that the Broadcast is even better than the Shim, but in the end, it's ALL a personal preference...

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the perfect board for you. Inland Surfer Red Rocket. Great for small wakes and big guys. I will sell it for $425 Shipped. Boards are $800 bucks new. This will out perform the other mentioned boards. Buy a from a wake surf company, not a wakeboard company..