• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Swapped courtesy and tower lights

Sacamano

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On the 242 LS you can turn on the tower lights or the tower and courtesy lights. The tower lights are bright and harsh and most of the time I would like to only run the courtesy lights. So I pulled the instrument panel off and swapped the wires. It took about 30 minutes once figured out the wiring. There was a diode in there which complicated this a bit.
IMG_0664.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 42
So having reversed them, you can run either tower or courtesy, but not both, is that correct?

Now I can run courtesy only or tower and courtesy. But that is an interesting question. If I removed the diode I could run either or, but not both.

I personally would like to know how to wire it so that you could have EITHER 1) THE TOWER or 2) The COURTESY.
Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated !
Many Best Wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

If you remove the diode it will allow you to run either light independently but not both at the same time. For that you will need to add a second switch.

I was just thinking to myself, I need to do this. So all you did was swap the blue wires ? That seems easy enough.

Correct, swapped the blue wires on the switch and the diode. The diode should face the same direction after the swap.

Correct, swapped the blue wires on the switch and the diode. The diode should face the same direction after the swap.
I don't have that setup, but if I understand it, doing it this way means the labeling on your switch will be backwards with regard to which light is selected

I suspect, instead, if you leave the blue wires in their original position, but swap the direction of the diode, it will give you the desired functionality AND the labeling on the switch will stay correct.

I don't have that setup, but if I understand it, doing it this way means the labeling on your switch will be backwards with regard to which light is selected

I suspect, instead, if you leave the blue wires in their original position, but swap the direction of the diode, it will give you the desired functionality AND the labeling on the switch will stay correct.

Don't have that setup myself but I do believe you are correct.

Funny. That would have made more sense. I may have to do that.

Back